For the Love of Summerwine.

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
This show is a tonic. It's ability to lift your spirits even in your darkest times. I've had a pretty bad time over the last year or so and my pick me up has been Last of the Summer Wine. Its made me smile when I didn't want too. Its made me cry when I shouldn't. I could credit it on saving me so I'd like to thank everyone involved with the Show over the years and especially you guys and Girls on here for welcoming me back. Thank you all

This show is a tonic. It's ability to lift your spirits even in your darkest times. I've had a pretty bad time over the last year or so and my pick me up has been Last of the Summer Wine. Its made me smile when I didn't want too. Its made me cry when I shouldn't. I could credit it on saving me so I'd like to thank everyone involved with the Show over the years and especially you guys and Girls on here for welcoming me back. Thank you all
I think it was MoodyBlue who called LOTSW, visual Prozac and I've quoted this a few times as it absolutely sums up my sentiment. You cannot help but escape the world when engrossed in an episode. I also love this forum, I don't do social media so this is my social media, it's a wonderful community where there is no sniping which seems the preserve of most other forums. This forum I believe embodies and maintains what the series was all about, a bit of fun, often silly where everyone is felt welcome!
Now you're back it's lovely to see so many new threads which keep this site going Amos!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I couldn't agree with both you Amos and you Barry more. For me it starts with the music, as soon as it starts the whole World just melts away, being replaced with a warm blanket of familiarity, fun and comfort.
Barry, you are right, this forum is the only place I know where you can speak about our favourite show and anythig else on your mind, without the fear of snipers, bullies, bad-mouthers, and trust me, I still admin a couple of places that I'd like to slap a face or two! (mainly gaming forums).

[Try again] Moodyblue,

Here's a fellow Scouser who certainly cheered people up and especially when he did this part of his act sings about grey skies which results in a rain shower in the audience with the tears of laughter.

I always record the programmes just in case I am unable to watch for some reason. It is one of very few programmes that can actually make me feel really uplifted. Gentle comedy at it’s very best.

Back