Getting Sam Home Again.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I sat and watch Getting Sam Home again this afternoon and I know I've said this before but the scene near the end when Sybil opens the car door to let Lily Bless Her in is very moving and although they say she's a hard woman it's great to see a softer side also Ivy's softer side by helping Sid get the garage out and getting Sam home before it was light.

I still can't quite work out why Mamsy was buttering bread in the living room or why Fairburn sat on his doorstep for two days in PJ's.

Plus there is a lot of drink driving going on! The bloke that decided against the blasted prawns was way beyond three sheets to the wind and Sid was all over the hockey when they went to collect Sam.

It's a great episode and always makes me crave coconut mushrooms.

I sat and watch Getting Sam Home again this afternoon and I know I've said this before but the scene near the end when Sybil opens the car door to let Lily Bless Her in is very moving and although they say she's a hard woman it's great to see a softer side also Ivy's softer side by helping Sid get the garage out and getting Sam home before it was light.

I still can't quite work out why Mamsy was buttering bread in the living room or why Fairburn sat on his doorstep for two days in PJ's.

Plus there is a lot of drink driving going on! The bloke that decided against the blasted prawns was way beyond three sheets to the wind and Sid was all over the hockey when they went to collect Sam.

I agree, it is a great episode and I watch it often. It's always great when we see a glimpse of the softer side of the women and Ivy is my favorite. I too have those questions about Mamsy and Fairburn. If anyone ever figures out a sensible answer, I hope they will let us know.

I'd never heard of coconut mushrooms before this episode. Don't know if they sound good or not - I love coconut and hate mushrooms, so don't know what to think.

I agree, it is a great episode and I watch it often. It's always great when we see a glimpse of the softer side of the women and Ivy is my favorite. I too have those questions about Mamsy and Fairburn. If anyone ever figures out a sensible answer, I hope they will let us know.

I'd never heard of coconut mushrooms before this episode. Don't know if they sound good or not - I love coconut and hate mushrooms, so don't know what to think.
Its a sweet in a mushroom shape'th.jpg It is fondant (whatever that means) spread with shredded coconut !:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pearl, you were wondering why Mamsy was buttering bread in the living room. I think this was a way to let us know that Mamsy was always in front of the TV. Whenever we see them in the house, they were in front of the telly.

Fairburn on his doorstep. Was he there for two days?? They got the dummy the night before the funeral, I took it that he was out all night, and his wife wouldn't let him in when he left to get them the dummy, and was there when it got daylight, the milk was on the stoop. Maybe she knew something about the lady from the bacon counter. !!!!!

Pearl, you were wondering why Mamsy was buttering bread in the living room. I think this was a way to let us know that Mamsy was always in front of the TV. Whenever we see them in the house, they were in front of the telly.

Fairburn on his doorstep. Was he there for two days?? They got the dummy the night before the funeral, I took it that he was out all night, and his wife wouldn't let him in when he left to get them the dummy, and was there when it got daylight, the milk was on the stoop. Maybe she knew something about the lady from the bacon counter. !!!!!
They got the dummy the night they took Sam to Lily Bless Her's, not the night before the funeral. If that had been the case they would have taken Sam to her place and back home again the same night.

Fairburn was thrown out by his wife due to the trio getting him up in the middle of the night and his wife thought he was up to no good with a fair maiden

Fairburn was thrown out by his wife due to the trio getting him up in the middle of the night and his wife thought he was up to no good with a fair maiden

Yes but that was Friday night/ Saturday morning and he was still sitting there Monday. When your wife throws you out do you sit there for 2 days in jimmies or do you pop to a mates ?

Back