Great British Railway Journeys

amos hames

Dedicated Member
I have only just discovered this series on Yesterday channel and found it very interesting i think it is a few years old now because my girlfriends dad says hes been watching it for a while.Tonights episode was Buxton to Matlock.Is there anyone else who watches this series :)

The Buxton to Matlock was interesting to me, especially when Portillo was on Holme Moss. I was surprised that he didn't mention Holmfirth though. You get a perfect view of it from here. We have visted Matlock Bath, quite a few times as well.

I have watched the series from day one and I think it is a good programme, I like Wainwright's walks with Julia Bradbury as well.

Wainwrights walks is a great little series. There was one where the same presenter walked a number of old disused railway tracks. That was very good, too.

Wainwrights walks is a great little series. There was one where the same presenter walked a number of old disused railway tracks. That was very good, too.

I think that was called Railway walks.I have also seen this and it is a good show as well

I think it a shame that some railway lines disappeared, but good to know that many of the track beds are still useful for walking.

Back