Happy Birthday Louis Emerick

Only 54 he seems to have been on our screens for a long long time considering he was in Brookside from the off and how long ago was it when that started . Best Wishes for today.

Is Louis possibly the youngest member of the cast

Yep! I have a word file I compiled in which I keep track of the cast. I have various areas where I've put in order their ages, their birth years, death dates and ages where applicable, etc, etc, and Louis is the youngest.
Second is Julie Wallace (Mrs. Avery) currently at 56, then Blake Butler (Mr. Wainwright) who died at 56, followed by Michael Bates who made it to 57.
Next youngest LIVING cast member is Jonathan Linsley (Crusher) at 61; he's now also the last surviving "old-cast" member.

On the flip side, Robert Fyfe (Howard of course!) is now the oldest living at 91 (92 next week), followed by June Whitfield (Nelly), who is 91 until November. Peter is/was the oldest overall of the entire cast.

See, even we daft Yanks sometimes pay close attention :21:

Last edited:
Yep! I have a word file I compiled in which I keep track of the cast. I have various areas where I've put in order their ages, their birth years, death dates and ages where applicable, etc, etc, and Louis is the youngest.
Second is Julie Wallace (Mrs. Avery) currently at 56, then Blake Butler (Mr. Wainwright) who died at 56, followed by Michael Bates who made it to 57.
Next youngest LIVING cast member is Jonathan Linsley (Crusher) at 61; he's now also the last surviving "old-cast" member.

On the flip side, Robert Fyfe (Howard of course!) is now the oldest living at 91 (92 next week), followed by June Whitfield (Nelly), who is 91 until November. Peter is/was the oldest overall of the entire cast.

See, even we daft Yanks sometimes pay close attention :21:

Does anyone know his age for sure? Wikipedia lists his birth as 1963 but IMDb lists it as 1953.

Does anyone know his age for sure? Wikipedia lists his birth as 1963 but IMDb lists it as 1953.

Oh, no, you're right....and by heck, we just went through this with Jane Freeman!!! :02:

...anyone?? Anyone???

Last edited:
Back