Happy birthday Peter Sallis.

Happy Birthday

Congratulations Mr Sallis on reaching such a landmark age what an achievement . I think we should keep this quiet we don't want Marina logging in as a guest and then turning up at his celebration.

happy birthday Peter. Jane Freeman is also 94 this year I think

Really not sure abpout that. For a long time Jane's age was never disclosed, then stuff appeared on the internet which never seemed convincing or reliable.

Back to Peter Sallis though, marvellous.

It's always great to celebrate another year for Mr. Sallis.

As for Jane Freeman, I don't think we have any real idea. She always looked a lot younger than Peter Sallis to me, and even younger than John Comer. It wouldn't surprise me if she closer to Kathy Staff as far as when she was born.

As for Jane Freeman, I don't think we have any real idea. She always looked a lot younger than Peter Sallis to me, and even younger than John Comer. It wouldn't surprise me if she closer to Kathy Staff as far as when she was born.

Wikipedia lists 15 March 1921, but they don't cite a source for the 'information' so it might or might not be accurate. Wiki also says that she's Welsh, without citing a source. Based on that last bit of 'info', I found the following birth registration record in Ancestry.com: Name: Jane Freeman; Mother's Maiden Surname: Evans; Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar, 1921; Registration district: Pontypridd.

So she can't have been born later the end of March, 1921, but she could have been born as early as very late in December 1920. I took a look at the record image, but it isn't any more specific about the date.

Wiki also says, uncited, that she attended Vaynor & Penderyn High School near Merthyr Tydfil and returned on Prize Days. I didn't recognize her face in any of the photos from the '30s on the school web site, but I didn't have time to closely examine every female student's face. It also says that she trained at Cardiff College of Music and Drama, actually the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, but unfortunately that web site lists only recent notable graduates, so I haven't found a citation for that 'fact' either.

Marianna

I am late as usual !! Hope you had a Happy Birthday Peter, I seem to recall reading somewhere you are rather partial to cake so hope the birthday cake was a good one.

Back