Hello from Flat Cap

I just ordered two Summer Wine DVD's from Amazon. Here all the episodes are the newer ones and I prefer the one's with Compo, Clegg and either Foggy or Seymour. Although Frank Thornton is a good actor, they were getting on in years then and the show seemed to be shifting to other characters, out of necessity I'd imagine.

PBS does a poor job in general with British comedies. Repeat the same stuff year after year...Keeping up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Black Adder, etc. I never understood why BBC America didn't air more Britcoms, esp. the classics.

BTW, has anyone seen Two Old Guys? I think it was only made for a few years but it's enjoyable. Hyacinth Bucket's husband is one of the old guys.

Yes, I have seen The Old Guys. I think it is great. But as I mentioned before, one issue I have with British Sitcoms is that so many great ones only run for two years. Unfortunately, The Old Guys falls in this category. Thankfully, Summer wine broke the Mold.

That's true Codfanglers, John Comer (sid) Played in a show called "I didn't know you cared" which I thought was a great show,I think after series 2 they changed 2 of the actors and it didn't seem the same but still worked.I loved the Uncle Mort character (Robin Bailey) and their "mancave". It ran for 4 years and I've watched all the episodes, its a good little show.

That's true Codfanglers, John Comer (sid) Played in a show called "I didn't know you cared" which I thought was a great show,I think after series 2 they changed 2 of the actors and it didn't seem the same but still worked.I loved the Uncle Mort character (Robin Bailey) and their "mancave". It ran for 4 years and I've watched all the episodes, its a good little show.

I haven't seen it but I will try to catch it if they air it. Back to "The Old Guys". I believe my favorite scene is in the pub restroom, after Roy is caught peeking over the bathroom stall and then falling. The in such humiliation, tries to use his age as an excuse sying..."I am old...very old". The hospital episode is great too.

I think my favorite would have to be, and I'll probably butcher this, but here it goes anyway. When Compo sees Nora walking towards him and he acts like he is peeking around the corner of a building, she asks "what are you doing!" and he says " shhhh,there is a women being assulted " and she says " well why don't you do something!" and he says "because it hasn't happened yet!" and then grabs her. To me, that is classic Compo.
So, good. If anyone know what episode that is in, please let me know. I always tell my wife about it, but I can't remember which one it is.

Back