Help

In the 70's we lived in a row of terraced houses, certain times of the year the mice would come and live with us, running up and down the gaps inside the walls, then one would pop out into the lounge, our big alsatian dog was terrified of them and would cower in the corner, one Sunday morning I came home from night shift at my fire service job, in the kitchen window was a net curtain with a mouse tangled in the net, it was still alive and the only way I could get it out was to use scissors, the mouse was ejected out the back door, and the net curtains had a rather large hole in it. Being Sunday the rest of the family were still in bed, so I headed to bed, wow did I get a rollocking from the wife when I got up later in the afternoon, rather pleased I had another night shift that night.

Mice reproduce at an astonishing rate, a typical litter being 5 or 6 and they can do this up to 10 times a year and mice are fertile from about 6 weeks old. Consequently as much as I do love animals, these biological facts coupled with the certainty they'll find their way back if I let them out salves my conscience that the ones that infest my house make it to mouse heaven a little quicker than they may have hoped :eek2:

BTW I'm not a mammal expert, but I've learned a lot from the Rentokil and Council pest controllers visiting me over the years!!!! :)

Back