Horrified Howard.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Watching 'Aladdin gets on your wick' last evening I was reminded again of the wonderful acting ability of Robert Fyfe. In the scene where he arrives home in his frogman gear and rolls of wallpaper he has the guilty look nailed down perfectly, taking a terrified step backwards as Pearl meets him at the door. He has done similarly perfect scenes so many times throughout the years, his sheepish, guilty and terrified expressions acted out so credibly. He has been without doubt one of the most consistently entertaining characters down the years.

Watching 'Aladdin gets on your wick' last evening I was reminded again of the wonderful acting ability of Robert Fyfe. In the scene where he arrives home in his frogman gear and rolls of wallpaper he has the guilty look nailed down perfectly, taking a terrified step backwards as Pearl meets him at the door. He has done similarly perfect scenes so many times throughout the years, his sheepish, guilty and terrified expressions acted out so credibly. He has been without doubt one of the most consistently entertaining characters down the years.

Today, I watched the one in which, I believe, that Howard's relationship with Marina is very new. The trio is attempting to catch a donkey and are bemused to hear music coming out of the woods. They hide in the bushes and watch this couple doing the tango and they eventually realize that the couple is none other than Howard and Marina. Howard has all of the right moves and words as he smoothly offers an explanation and justification of the woodsy tango.

Today, I watched the one in which, I believe, that Howard's relationship with Marina is very new. The trio is attempting to catch a donkey and are bemused to hear music coming out of the woods. They hide in the bushes and watch this couple doing the tango and they eventually realize that the couple is none other than Howard and Marina. Howard has all of the right moves and words as he smoothly offers an explanation and justification of the woodsy tango.

Adanor, That was on Maryland Public Television today as well, Catching Digby's Donkey. You watch Summer Wine through Virginia Public Television, correct? Series 8 shows an interesting sequence of episodes. The first two of the series really highlight Wally and Nora a lot. Then Catching Digby's Donkey comes with showing very little of Wally and Nora, but introducing another couple, Howard and Marina. I find this sequence interesting.

Adanor, That was on Maryland Public Television today as well, Catching Digby's Donkey. You watch Summer Wine through Virginia Public Television, correct? Series 8 shows an interesting sequence of episodes. The first two of the series really highlight Wally and Nora a lot. Then Catching Digby's Donkey comes with showing very little of Wally and Nora, but introducing another couple, Howard and Marina. I find this sequence interesting.

Yes, that was on Maryland Public Television. There is also WETA UK which is a Washington DC public television station and an offshoot of WETA. Summer Wine is on both.

So many times you could actually see Howard's face turn red....amazing.
;D
I think you're right there Beth. Have you noticed whenever Pearl catches him red handed with Marina he does this thing where he hops on the spot just before he takes flight.I never tire of of watching him, always seeing something different each time. ;) :D

Back