Houses of the characters

I've always wondered about buying/selling old set houses, I noticed Liz & Emmets house from KUA recently sold. I'm wondering whether being used in a famous comedy series increases the value due to it's history or whether it would put buyers off with fans coming for a nosy every so often???

On one of my Heritage walks last year around Newcastle I visited the property that was featured in the BBC Series A House through Time with David Olusoga it was a must watch . During and since the show the House has had countless people visit to take photographs . On the Heritage walk there are normally 30 maybe 40 people and always sufficient Guides to narrate the walk .

On this one there were 230 people turned up with 4 guides . When we reached the House in 4 groups of nearly 60 not surprisingly the couple who owned it had the internal shutters closed to protect their privacy . The guide I was with believed they were so fed up of the attention that they were putting the house for sale .

No doubt they did receive money as part of the show but I suspect it paled into insignificance with the intrusion into their privacy so sometimes you need to be careful of what you wish for . Nora's has had prolonged attention for a number of years now.

Graham,
Did the Ladies mention anything about being pestered by fans taking photos of their house even though it would probably need to be ardent fans to recognise the location ? IF you consider Hill street above the White Horse pub where Clegg's, Pearl and Howard's and Hobbo's houses are even though its a private road I imagine any number of fans who have been to the White Horse pub [ when it was open excluding lockdown was the pub still trading ?] are likely to walk up Scholes Road and venture along the private road to take photos of the Houses . There are photos on our site from a guy called Pete who did indeed venture along there .

Hi Captain, we did ask if we could take a photo, they seemed normal & not bothered at all. The curtains twitched up at Cleggys house though. There is now a holiday let at the end of Hill st, called 'Top O the hill' so you could legitimately go past those houses now.0300b61e.jpg

Yes Captain, a good location. It seems to be around the corner & at the rear of Hobbo's place. The police car & Entwhistles truck used to appear from there. Thanks for posting the link.

Back