How did she "pop the question" ????????

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
I have been thinking.......after telling our trio that "she's my pigeon !!!!.....I've raised her from an egg" everyone descends on Ivy's....
During the conversation Ivy exclaims...." I'm surprised at you......you a married man !!!",to which Wally replies "I was surprised !!.....BUT HAVE YOU EVER TRIED SAYING " NO" TO OWER NORA !!!????".
Now the question I am posing to my Summerwine family members is this.......how do you think Nora proposed ????.....down on one knee ????.....just told him ?????...threatened him ???.....and another question......where did she decide to propose ?????.....outside his pigeon loft ???......on holiday in Scarborough/Mabelthorpe/Skegness/Winklesea ????....in the White Horse ????...in the cafe ?????......I look forward to your responses with baited breath !!!.
All my love you you all,
Keith.
X!

She must have been in a rare 'good mood', possibly after a tipple & Wally not going above 2nd gear on the motorbike & sidecar. She was having a grand day out but Wally was about to get a life sentance.

When people are young, the Love Bug just bites. Before you know it, there's the proposal, with or without the ring; with or without the bended knee, and then before you know it, wedding bells are rung. Yes, I can see Wally as a young Turk romancing Nora.

Why was the proposal accepted so quickly? It could be:
* The War has just ended and there's the urgent need to get on with life.
* He's bringing in a paycheck.
* The current home situation is not so great.

I have been thinking.......after telling our trio that "she's my pigeon !!!!.....I've raised her from an egg" everyone descends on Ivy's....
During the conversation Ivy exclaims...." I'm surprised at you......you a married man !!!",to which Wally replies "I was surprised !!.....BUT HAVE YOU EVER TRIED SAYING " NO" TO OWER NORA !!!????".
Now the question I am posing to my Summerwine family members is this.......how do you think Nora proposed ????.....down on one knee ????.....just told him ?????...threatened him ???.....and another question......where did she decide to propose ?????.....outside his pigeon loft ???......on holiday in Scarborough/Mabelthorpe/Skegness/Winklesea ????....in the White Horse ????...in the cafe ?????......I look forward to your responses with baited breath !!!.
All my love you you all,
Keith.
X!
Lol...I don't know. I don't think he meant that she literally proposed. Remember Glegg said that "back in those days once a woman took your arm in public you never really got it back."

Back