Howard and Pearl's front door.

Glenda

I've noticed that Howard and Pearl's front door, at their second house, doesn't have a letterbox. It also doesn't appear to have a proper door handle or lock. It makes me wonder if anyone was living there or perhaps two of the houses had been made into one and that door was not used.

Hello Glenda there is a thread where this is discussed . IF you use the Search Forums pulldown menu and put "letterbox" in the search you will see various threads including Clegg's Front Door thread if you then click on it in the list you can then read the thread sure you'll find the answer in that.

Thank you. Yes, there's a lot about Clegg's letterbox and the letterbox at the cafe but I can't find any mention of Howard and Pearl's missing letterbox. I shall search some more.

Thanks for the 'like' Glenda. If I had stayed there any longer, Pearl would have stuck a paintbrush in my hand & told me to get varnishing. The door was looking a little tired. I think I can make out a keyhole just beneath the top handle.

Well spotted Glenda. There is a keyhole, a doorknob, and a latch but, as you say, no letter box. What a good idea to keep all the bills at bay.
Howard's house is number 4 and Clegg's house is number 5. Knowing Howerd, he probably arranged to have his mail delivered to Clegg's in case there were any love letters from Marina. :28:

Back