Howard feels the heat after his 'night of madness'

Not sure if it were her plastic surgery or acting but I found her quite wooden in that character! I realise she has an amazing acting career behind her, but for me I struggled to find that character real.

Think Shirley Anne Field is one of Peri's pin up girls , you've had it now Barry he'll be gunning for you and given he's from Yorkshire he'll be challenging you to a duel ,not like Compo did with Billy Chiselhurst , he'll be slapping you across the chops with a stick of Rhubarb .

I only know her from LotSW but I do think it would have been interesting to have found out more of Eva and Alvin's backstory that was hinted to. Plus I liked the nervousness tension of Entwhistle, Truly and others with Eva. They were more open and talkative amongst each other. Just seemed more playful than when Clegg was being whiny nervous with Marina.

Ms Field was a big star of British Movies in the fifties and 60's the most notable being Alfie and of course Saturday Night and Sunday Morning . I described her as Peri's Pin up Girl and technically she was one of a few British ladies who were considered to be what was probably not the most PC phrase of Pin up Girl .

SAF.jpg

Wasn't she also in The Entertainer alongside Lawrence Olivier & our very own Thora Hird playing her mother?

"The Entertainer" makes me think of Scott Joplin's ragtime piano playing and the classic movie "The Sting" with Robert Redford and Paul Newman. :)

Ms Field was a big star of British Movies in the fifties and 60's the most notable being Alfie and of course Saturday Night and Sunday Morning . I described her as Peri's Pin up Girl and technically she was one of a few British ladies who were considered to be what was probably not the most PC phrase of Pin up Girl .

View attachment 4353
Oh Captain, that picture has given me a touch of the vapours. The nurse is coming to fit a safety valve on the top of my head...... I can't help thinking that that won't be the right place. :35:

I liked the character that Roy Clarke wrote for her, as well as the way Shirley Anne Field played it. Eva was willing to participate in the elaborate leg-pull, but only until it began to go too far. Then she took effective steps to put a stop to it. For me, both the character and her acting caused the obvious plastic surgery to fade into the background.

Back