I Didn’t Know You Cared

Brandon was always trying to do his Airfix battleship, HMS Belfast I think from what I remember of my Airfixing Days. Er.. Er... hmmm
Anita Carey was in Heartbeat a couple of times. She played, I think Steve's mother.
She did and she came across as a bit of a free spirit!

Watched this series over and over. One of my favourites. " .....
This series has quickly become one of my all time favs as well. I have the TV series on DVD. Two of the books -"I Didn't Know You Cared" and "Except You're a Bird." Plus all the Radio Broadcasts - "A Touch of Daniel", "Call it a Canary" and the Uncle Mort series of "North & South Country" and "Celtic Fringe."

Put the Radio versions on my thumbdrive and listen to them while driving around, as well as some of the audios of LotSW with Peter Sallis added narration.

I think the voice actor for the radio series of Uncle Mort is spot on - Stephen Thorne. The narrator was great as well - Christian Rodska. Nice they have Liz Goulding in there too. Was not too crazy about one of the Carter series voices - Peter Skellern. Do like when they got Sam Kelley to voice Carter. The only thing is when he is talking all I can picture in my head is Carter as Captain Hans Geering of "Allo Allo" !

Peter Tinniswood's writing skills and the way he describes things, brilliant.

This series has quickly become one of my all time favs as well. I have the TV series on DVD. Two of the books -"I Didn't Know You Cared" and "Except You're a Bird." Plus all the Radio Broadcasts - "A Touch of Daniel", "Call it a Canary" and the Uncle Mort series of "North & South Country" and "Celtic Fringe."

Put the Radio versions on my thumbdrive and listen to them while driving around, as well as some of the audios of LotSW with Peter Sallis added narration.

I think the voice actor for the radio series of Uncle Mort is spot on - Stephen Thorne. The narrator was great as well - Christian Rodska. Nice they have Liz Goulding in there too. Was not too crazy about one of the Carter series voices - Peter Skellern. Do like when they got Sam Kelley to voice Carter. The only thing is when he is talking all I can picture in my head is Carter as Captain Hans Geering of "Allo Allo" !

Peter Tinniswood's writing skills and the way he describes things, brilliant.
I only know "Didn't know you cared" but you mention Sam Kelly. He was a good comedy actor. Liked him in "Barbara" I think he would have been good as one of the trio in LOTSW , he has that sense of barmpot humour. Robin Bailey took over from Arthur Lowe in "Potter" but it wasn't as good then.

I agree with you @Moggie Moo that Sam Kelly could have made a nice member of the barmpot trio and he has a good sense of humor to him. Sam along with Truly, Alvin, Billy and Entwistle could have been some fun adventures.

Here you go if you want to venture down the rabbit hole of more Uncle Mort and family.

===> <===

Missing from this list is part 2 of episode 10 of Celtic Fringe but it is in Fractotum 's page (which most of the links point to).

I am not familiar with Barbara or Potter.

Enjoy. :)

Hey Rick,

I thought I'd post the page here so you and others can discuss further if you wish. For all members who may be puzzled Rick has been listening to episodes of Uncle Mort's North Country . He knows I have the book and was questioning a speech by Mort where he is reflecting on the dreams of an old man and he wanted to confirm the words used which you will see half way down the page .

mort.JPG

Thank you on this captain. Was miss-hearing the word gaiters from the radio broadcast and could not picture what they were doing with the cardboard on their legs. Thought he was saying garters or gauges. Haha!

Back