I Managed to get this as a reminder

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
You all probably know how the series ends and it includes a old Bedford Coach,well I just happened to be searching around and found this large model, I was lucky to find it,as the company was closing down and by chance he had one left in the stockroom, it is a limited edition and even has the same licence plate as the one used in the series,which I found to be a bit spooky,though this one has some difference in the roof it is very similar,Note: I have not got around to fitting the wing mirrors yet

coachm1.jpg

coachm2.jpg

coachm3.jpg

coachm4.jpg

I love it, even though I´ll surely shed a few tears when I see the real one going off into the sunset.

Oh wow that is gorgeous!! how wonderful you found it maltrab you must be delighted!! Must say I agree with you ****, I just know I'll be in tears when they go off into the sunset, if indeed that is what they do! sort of dreading the last episode now :'(

I will have to check but I am not sure if this vehicle also appeared in First of the Summer Wine - although strictly speaking it was a post war model - Bedford OB

First introduced in 1939 so could have been in First of ...

Terry, I suspect that the one used is a well known preserved model and the manufacturer of the model used the licence number for authenticity: however the Bedford OB had a number of variations in design especially on the roof over the years. The model maker has probably only produced one variant which may well not match with the one featured.

Back