I must be crazy

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Tomorrow I am going to try to get from Kent to Leeds for football at Elland Road. The snow here is not that bad and at the moment the trains seem to be running ok but I know its a longshot but I am going to try anyway. I will leave an hour earlier than planned. Wish me luck and if I get there I will post to let you know. C'mon Leeds :)

Yes your crazy, the roads really bad and the traffic is moving at about 5mph you best leave out now ;)

Gosh, is it that bad? How much snow does everybody have? We have only 5-6 inches, but by now the traffic is running normal, it´s just the first day that everything is chaotic. I once asked if the British don´t put winter tyres on their cars in winter, and I just got a strange look and a laugh... So if you haven´t got any, I wouldn´t drive, it´s far too dangerous with summer tyres. Going by train is the best actually.

well there are at least two of us on the forum who are leeds supporters......glad they won to make your trip worthwhile...i'd only have had to travel 100 miles but suffered frombig chicken syndrome.....stayed home in the warm!!

Well done, Amos. Must have been quite a journey. My teams both won today. Makes a change!

Back