I wonder what became of these young ladies....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 19.33.12.png
These girls are the very first people we see in the pilot as they come merrily skipping down the cobbled street. They are never seen again and not really typical of the characters in the show. I'm guessing they'd in their late 60's or early 70's now, but I've often wondered if they ever realised that they were the first people on screen in the longest running comedy in the world? I also wonder if they were actors or just happened to be nearby when filming started? I wonder if they tell their friends of their claim to fame?

All these questions a mystery.....

I've often wondered if they ever realised that they were the first people on screen in the longest running comedy in the world? I also wonder if they were actors or just happened to be nearby when filming started? I wonder if they tell their friends of their claim to fame?

All these questions a mystery.....
Don't ask Howard, he hardly knows the young ladies.

Technically anyone can recommend additions / changes, etc, but because IMDB have a skeleton staff, they expect you to explain and provide evidence to support your changes, so all they have to do is "tick" accepted or rejected. That can be laborious and time-consuming!
I suspect it's a lot easier to evidence someone was in a programme, but how do you evidence someone was not in an episode?

I didn't know you could do that.
I was not aware of this either until I noticed on Wikipedia "in the News" nominations. There the feedback is often that IMDB is not considered an appropriate source for citation of an actors' film or television credits. That being said I consider it to, overall, be very reliable.

I was not aware of this either until I noticed on Wikipedia "in the News" nominations. There the feedback is often that IMDB is not considered an appropriate source for citation of an actors' film or television credits. That being said I consider it to, overall, be very reliable.
1) IMDB is curated, require evidence, and nothing is updated until a member of staff has reviewed the submission.
2) You can type whatever you like on Wikipedia, and wait until - if ever - a moderator or another user edits it.

Back