I wonder what became of these young ladies....

Is that a transistor radio being carried by one of the young ladies?

In the original script, there was supposed to be one girl, carrying a radio, listening to 'Yesterday', by the Beatles.

Incidentally, does the Last of the Summer Wine theme sound a bit like Yesterday?

Confusingly, John BARRATT is listed in the end credits of the pilot, yet there is John BARRETT who played the guide in Pate and Chips.
So John Barratt was the boy talking to Blamire, clearly not the same actor as John Barrett, which IMDb shows as playing the repo man. IMDb gets it wrong again.

So John Barratt was the boy talking to Blamire, clearly not the same actor as John Barrett, which IMDb shows as playing the repo man. IMDb gets it wrong again.
Without looking anything up, I don't know who John Barratt played in the pilot.

It's wrong. IMDb lists John Barrett but on the actual end credits it shows John Barratt. John Barratt is the boy that Blamire talks to, the same lad that was in Coronation Street for a while. John Barrett was not in the episode.

View attachment 7459
There are two tv men: John Barrett and Derek Etchells were an un-named tv man and "Eric". Eric returns the tv in S2E4.
However there are several (many!) "John Barrett's", so I think the wrong one is credited on IMDB.
It is likely a typo somewhere in BBC admin meant that someone thought Barratt and Barrett were the same person.

Last edited:
Back