Inside the White Horse

Lovely photo’s and glad you had a great visit. When we last visited ( just before it temporarily closed?) it was a bit depressing as it looked a bit run down and we were the only ones in.
Thankyou ferretI wonder if it's under new management since your visit,the place was spotless and tidy and the beer and food were beautiful and the staff really friendly,the landlord took some photos of me and the wife at the bar with a pint,I don't know if it was there when you went but in the corner by the fireplace (where Barry was under the table one boxing day) they have made a Summer Wine corner with photos on the wall and a few momentos from the show,and two huge photo albums crammed with photos for you to browse while having a pint,thankyou for your comment the people on here are so lovely (and funny).

Thankyou ferretI wonder if it's under new management since your visit,the place was spotless and tidy and the beer and food were beautiful and the staff really friendly,the landlord took some photos of me and the wife at the bar with a pint,I don't know if it was there when you went but in the corner by the fireplace (where Barry was under the table one boxing day) they have made a Summer Wine corner with photos on the wall and a few momentos from the show,and two huge photo albums crammed with photos for you to browse while having a pint,thankyou for your comment the people on here are so lovely (and funny).
Yes it looks like a new landlord who has breathed new life into it. I seem to remember it was rumoured sometime ago that it could close down.
Glad it hasn’t, we will revisit soon.

We’re so lucky that most of our Summer Wine pubs are still here and reconisable as the places we are familiar with,at a time when so many are closing down or changing beyond recognition,my own local became a house this year,I called at the Butchers Arms a couple of weeks ago,from the outside it’s exactly the same,I didn’t take a photo inside as I wanted to sit outside like the shows characters often did,which didn’t impress my wife as it was a bit chilly,but I’m planning on going again before Christmas so will take one if I can,would love to see other Summer Wine pubs as they are today if people would be kind enough to put photos of them on here if they come across them,I will whenever I visit one,and yes ferret please return to the White Horse it’s lovely now.
472041D8-2BE8-41DC-8762-8543014D397D.jpeg8090907C-6682-4765-91FF-C600748FF86F.jpeg

Thanks for all the great pictures, @Douglas Enwright . Glad you found these forums. Seems you will fit in with us barmpots just nicely :21:. Always good to have another 'Holmfirth local' that appreciates the area and LotSW show that is willing to share with those of us a bit further away.

Back