Its July 7th and the christmas specials are on Gold.

Love it! Deck the Halls, eh? Actually the weather is a lot more December than July here so we might as well think festive. I'll start planning the menu. Every year my cousin and I try to come up with a new Christmas cocktail. We've had some really vile concoctions over the years but one was nice, the Knackers Yard. So named because if you drank more than 2 of them thats all you were fit for!

Love it! Deck the Halls, eh? Actually the weather is a lot more December than July here so we might as well think festive. I'll start planning the menu. Every year my cousin and I try to come up with a new Christmas cocktail. We've had some really vile concoctions over the years but one was nice, the Knackers Yard. So named because if you drank more than 2 of them thats all you were fit for!

SEND RECIPE!

This idea of presents has to come to a halt. Firstly everyone has everything. Also I will not give receipts with the presents so that they can be exchanged. Also how much you spend has become a big deal. It is all crazy. When in London we like to go out to small villages and find these tiny shops that sell things you don't see anywhere else. We found lovely shops in Stratford on avon in small lanes. Beautifull stuff. But Christmas shouldn't just be for presents. I love to make a nice meal and we all meet together and enjoy the day. Midnight Mass is always on and also when we get up a good breakfast.

A Christmas treat that does not need baking and fast to do.

The no bake Christmas Log:

2 packets Morning Coffee biscuits
Crush them in the processor until they look like breadcrumbs
Place in a large bowl
Crush a packet of Walnuts but not like breadcrumbs
Place in same large bowl
A small container of red cherries cut in half
Place in same bowl
One heapfull tablespoon of Cadbury chocolate powder
One mug of icing sugar
Mix very well
Add condensed milk and mix till you are able to form a shape of a log.
Place on a silver or gold tray that you get from a bake shop

Now you have to melt the chocolate
Coat the log with it and with a fork make streaks
before it dries dust with icing sugar to look like snow.

Cover with plastic and you can put in fridge until it sets.

It slices very well..............................

With the weather outside and whats coming next week Xmas specials are very apropreate ,buy your Xmas cards now from the RNLI .Do like the water bed special the lads bouncy up and down in the back of Wesleys lorry is great but dont they all look young.

Big unc, the recipe is simple. Equal parts Irish Whiskey (Jamesons or Paddy worked best), cointreau or triple sec, Tia Maria and Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. Our measurements were just a teensy bit bigger than pub measures......Just a teensy weensy bit.
We did vary the recipe, swapping the frangelico for Kahlua, sometimes for Amaretto, which I didn't like cos I don't care for marzipan flavours. But the only golden, unbreakable rule was no mixers. Happy sipping!

Back to Christmas shopping. While we are on holidays we also like to buy small Christmas gifts. Stuff that you wouldn't find at home. In Austria you would find lots of gift ideas made of wood. For malta it is a good idea as we have no trees here except for desert ones. It is an idea..

Back