Jane Freeman

happyjack

Dedicated Member
Can somebody tell me if Ivy is still with us as she has not been in the latest episodes. I have not read anything and was just wondering?

No probs H/Jack.

I seem to remember a while ago, reading that she is quite unsteady and needs a walking stick these days.

I've just been watching "The great boarding house bathroom caper" and "Cheering up Gordon", i think both of these episodes show her at her best.
The scene where she and Sid are relaxing on the beach in deckchairs and she's reading a saucy book..then Sid grunts and she gives him a thump, classic Ivy.
You can see that she is trying her hardest not to laugh.

Another is "Pate and chips", where Compo, Clegg and Blamire go to the old country house for a day out with Compo's cousin in the van.
The bit where she is holding the baby outside the cafe, before the lads set off is quite heartwarming.
You can tell that she seems to be possibly regretting never having had children.

G ; )

Yes I think you are right about the early episodes they certainly show Ivy at her best. I think in the later episodes where she takes the wee wee out of Noras hats and gives her the look are priceless

Back