Just a thought

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

After finishing work at 3 am today ( we had a very bad RTA to deal with). I've just got in from work now so I thought i'd post this before I have my Chinese Takaway. To unwind I put on Merry Christmas Father Christmas and Dream Acres. I started to watch Dream Acres and thought that because there is no laughter track on it, it makes it harder to like I wonder if that is one reason it's not a favourite of many. Any thoughts anyone?

There aren't laugh tracks on any of the three movies. People still like Getting Sam Home and Uncle of the Bride. Big Day a Dream Acres just isn't very good and the lack of a laugh track emphasizes that.

before I have my Chinese Takaway
Gill,
Wow ! What a long and intense day , did you buy the take away from Auntie Wainwright's Oriental Emporium her latest spin off venture ? If that had been myself there would have been a ZZZZZZ accompanying track and I would be face down in my Chicken Chow Mein . Yet again total dedication to your work , and it appears our beloved show . :thumbsup:

I recall a cast member telling me that Ray Mcnally tried to take over the filming,giving long established cast direction and acting advice, it seemed it left a bad taste while filming. this could be why this special is not up to scratch

After finishing work at 3 am today ( we had a very bad RTA to deal with). I've just got in from work now so I thought i'd post this before I have my Chinese Takaway. To unwind I put on Merry Christmas Father Christmas and Dream Acres. I started to watch Dream Acres and thought that because there is no laughter track on it, it makes it harder to like I wonder if that is one reason it's not a favourite of many. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi Gill it was interesting to see you use the word RTA, being ex fire service it is something used many times, yet for some years now it has not been used, but changed to RTC, as RTA assumed it was an accident and no one was to blame

Hi Gill it was interesting to see you use the word RTA, being ex fire service it is something used many times, yet for some years now it has not been used, but changed to RTC, as RTA assumed it was an accident and no one was to blame
Hi Terry. I used RTA as iI thought everybody would probably know what I meant. How long were you in the Fire Service?

I recall a cast member telling me that Ray Mcnally tried to take over the filming,giving long established cast direction and acting advice, it seemed it left a bad taste while filming. this could be why this special is not up to scratch
It was such a shame if he did try to take over as I think the storyline was a great idea

Now, the thing is I do like Big Day at Dream Acres (I have a soft spot for the Seymour episodes) but I am aware it's not really popular. Is the laugh track one the reasons why it's not well liked? Maybe but then aren't Getting Sam Home and/or Uncle of The Bride a bit more popular despite the lack of laugh track? Personally, while it is nice listening to the audience's reactions and just hearing them have a good time, I also like the atmosphere that the lack of laugh track brings about. I can't describe it, really.

My dislike of the episode stems from the fact that the character of the tramp seems to come across as not very likeable. I got an impression ( probably wrong) that the trio did not like him either.:confused:

My dislike of the episode stems from the fact that the character of the tramp seems to come across as not very likeable. I got an impression ( probably wrong) that the trio did not like him either.:confused:

Your impression is probably correct, based on what Alan Bell said in his book. Ray McAnally generally made a pain of himself.

For the those not in the know, RTA means Really Terrible Accident?

As said, there was no laughter in Getting Sam Home and that is my favorite episode so the fact there no laughter in Dream Acres shouldn't really matter. The tramp spoiled it for me, I didn't like him at all. There are scenes in there I do like but I rarely watch it because of the tramp.

You can understand why they are on the increase , people seem to have an increasing disregard for road safety. I have seen countless instances of people jumping red lights , speeding with a total disregard for any limit . I drove down a main road where my Mum lives and the council have set the limit at 20 mph . I was followed down it by a guy who was constantly flashing his lights because I was driving at 20 mph I am sure if there weren't cars coming the other way he would have overtaken me. Anyway as I turned off I was greeted with the old Roman numeral for 5 gesture which I was sadly not surprised at .

You can understand why they are on the increase , people seem to have an increasing disregard for road safety. I have seen countless instances of people jumping red lights , speeding with a total disregard for any limit . I drove down a main road where my Mum lives and the council have set the limit at 20 mph . I was followed down it by a guy who was constantly flashing his lights because I was driving at 20 mph I am sure if there weren't cars coming the other way he would have overtaken me. Anyway as I turned off I was greeted with the old Roman numeral for 5 gesture which I was sadly not surprised at .
Hi Capt people's manner's also need improving as well.

Back