Just now noticed

me2

Dedicated Member
I've watched Last of the Summer Wine so many times, I've lost count but just now noticed one of the women is left-handed. (That's not a criticism, just an observation.) I wondered if anyone else had ever noticed. Also wondered if anyone has ever noticed any of the men being left-handed.

I've watched Last of the Summer Wine so many times, I've lost count but just now noticed one of the women is left-handed. (That's not a criticism, just an observation.) I wondered if anyone else had ever noticed. Also wondered if anyone has ever noticed any of the men being left-handed.

Is it Pearl??:12:

Is it Pearl??:12:

Yes, Dick, it is Pearl. I noticed it during the coffee mornings when her cup is always turned the other direction from the other ladies. Then I saw it in other things , like when she hits Howard.

Yeah, I was looking for it last night while watching some episodes and saw it was Pearl as well. Nice catch.

Being the only Lefty in my family, I would have never thought to look for that. Again, this is a great find Me2. Now I will be looking to see if any of the men are left handed.:21:

One thing I have noticed Bill Owen seems to have something wrong with his fingers on both hands as he never opens either of them properly. the little finger plus the one next to it always seem to be closed.

Ah, thank you, Marianna. I thought it was part of the Rheumatics. The stunt men for Compo give themselves away because of the hands.

Regarding Pearl, I saw an episode last night where she clearly used her right hand to drink, so it looks like it was not consistent. That may be why it doesn't stand out.

Regarding Pearl, I saw an episode last night where she clearly used her right hand to drink, so it looks like it was not consistent. That may be why it doesn't stand out.
I've been watching for possible discrepancies and hadn't seen that one. Which episode was it?

Is Juliette Kaplan ambidextrous?

Marianna
I was wondering about that too so went on her website to watch her videos. She switches her script back and forth between hands and hands things to people with both her left and right hands. It did look like she had a small pen in her left hand but she never used it to write. She did most of her gesturing with her left hand. She smoked and carried her purse with either hand. When she would tap the table for emphasis, she would use her left hand. The only thing that really stood out was she did use her left hand to apply eye makeup.

I was wondering about that too so went on her website to watch her videos. She switches her script back and forth between hands and hands things to people with both her left and right hands. It did look like she had a small pen in her left hand but she never used it to write. She did most of her gesturing with her left hand. She smoked and carried her purse with either hand. When she would tap the table for emphasis, she would use her left hand. The only thing that really stood out was she did use her left hand to apply eye makeup.

So maybe somewhat ambidextrous, but more strongly left-handed?

Marianna

So maybe somewhat ambidextrous, but more strongly left-handed?

Marianna
That sounds about right.
I am right handed but I always carry everything in my left hand to keep my right hand free for doing things. Although I'm sure we must always switch things from hand to hand sometimes for convenience sake

I am right handed but I always carry everything in my left hand to keep my right hand free for doing things. Although I'm sure we must always switch things from hand to hand sometimes for convenience sake

I'm right handed, too, and carry with my left for the same reason. But both of the times that I've broken my right wrist, I've had very little difficulty becoming left handed for everything except cursive writing. Both times, I spent the eight weeks' healing time printing everything with my left hand.

Marianna

Back