Last Episode

summerwinefan

Well, just watched the last three episodes in the series and I have to say it still leaves me angry at the way it finished. I love this show probably greater than any thing else I watch and I can't get out of my head the frustration with the BBC at the way the show was treated.

I will never feel that it could not have been continued, and the ending of it was driven by one person and that person moved on once her job was done.

Anyway, we still have the show to see over and over again as long as it is shown and we have our DVDs.

At least they gave Peter Sallis the last line, probably the only good thing you can say about it.

I'll admit something...I have yet to seen the last episode.

Maybe because, it's the end, and maybe because it doesn't even sound like a fitting one, especially considering the show's history.

I decided to write a small version of my own, but I could only manage something for Clegg. (maybe because he was my favorite?) I don't know that it's too good, but it kind of summed him up for me and the feeling of the show and everything.

I just wish the BBC hadn't been in such a rush to end it when they did.

I have say the writing and performances of the final series were very good. Though I will always say the Compo years were the best, and should have ended when Bill Owen died, the final series was quite a strong one IMO.

I think the show could have carried on to mark 40 years, or at least ended with special finale with Peter Sallis. What could the plot of such an episode be though??

We must be thankful though that the show ended with Peter Sallis still in it. The final episode did have him in it a bit more than other episodes from Series 30 and 31.

I will always say the Compo years were the best, and should have ended when Bill Owen died,

As much as I love and prefer the earlier episodes,
I cannot imaging denying myself the fun of the later episodes.

Each episode is different, and there is not a single one I
would willingly not have. I have watched them all from
beginning to end, several times. I skip over none. They
are always, and will always be, the last of The Summer Wine.

I think the saddest thing about the last episode was the absence of Ivy.

I wrote a letter to Jane Freeman, Brian Wilde and Peter Sallis about 12 years ago. I just wanted them to know how much I loved the show. My in-laws (God rest their souls) were living with me at the time and they really enjoyed watching it every Friday night with me.

I was really surprised when Ms Freeman sent a postcard back to me, it was so sweet of her. She still has a special place in my heart.

I think the saddest thing about the last episode was the absence of Ivy.

I said that all along, it really soiled that for me, they propped poor Edie up on anything that was bolted down I thought they would have done the same for Ivy, I know Jane was ill but thought they could have filmed her somewhere saying something and just slot it in.

Back