Last of the Summer Wine: 30 Years of Laughs - Channel 5

Great show which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having said that I do think that it was a smidge too fast. I did expect Stan Laurels daughter to get a mention in the celebrity's section. My eyes filled up when the most poignant moment in TV history was shown. That of course is when Clegg says to Tom Owen, "He's dead", a line that refers to the show and real life.
I was surprised to learn that the Queen and I have something in common, I've watched her on TV and she has watched me on TV. I didn't know that the Royals were fans of Summer Wine...... M O R E......

I've not seen it yet, but it's all recorded. I'm in the process of running it through the computer to cut the adverts out, then I will make a proper DVD to save for our Summer Wine archives. Mum Dad and I are all going to watch it together when the DVD is ready.

Well without the adverts it is just over 1 hour long, and there is between 8 and 10 minutes of my content included, either video or pictures.
Maybe the policemen were asked but declined

Would you care to elucidate?
... as already commented: the Police not mentioned, Nora being Compo's "landlady" - a reference I have seen elsewhere.
I don't remember Billy Hardcastle getting a mention - perhaps I blinked.
Some of the guest contributors made inaccurate references, seemingly based on their assumptions or perceptions.
Very little in the way of shots of the locations other than Nora's and the Café.
I could go on, but I don't want to be a bore! ;)

Cynicaly I'd question whether all the contributors were actually fans of the show or whether they just contributed for the publicity/fee. I thought the most insight came from the chap who worked in the greengrocers and was a pal of Bills, I was surprised to see Nora's really life daughter is a vicar!

If I wrote what I actually feel I'd probably be banned for life, so i'll keep it as civil as possible.
I enjoyed the program for what it was. Yes, there were omissions, but **** what the **** do you expect, a bloody ten hour detailed documentary covering every aspect and character from the entire 30 years!!!!

Back