Location change

Oregon Diane

I'm sure this has been covered before, but just to save me some time, when did Clegg and Howard get moved to their "new" location ?

Thanks so much

And do I remember correctly that Getting Sam Home was the first time we saw the exterior of the terrace off Back Lane? That's where the Clegg and later Howard/Pearl houses were before the ones they were re-housed to in Jackson Bridge above the White Horse.

I watched Getting Sam Home a couple of evenings ago, and was struck by how much the trees and shrubs between that terrace and Church Terrace, the next street down the hill, had grown up since it was filmed. You can't see Clegg's terrace at all from Church Terrace, and probably vice versa. The entrance to Clegg's terrace is on Back Lane and is closed off by a formidable-looking gate — decidedly not a public right-of-way, so I couldn't walk along it to check out the view down the hill.

Thanks for all the info. I guess I assumed the old Back Lane location had been demolished, hence the change. Interesting stuff !
BTW I need to thanks whoever answered my post last fall about how to get to Holmsfirth from Barnsley. My sister (we live in Oregon) followed the advice to a tee and had a delightful day.

And do I remember correctly that Getting Sam Home was the first time we saw the exterior of the terrace off Back Lane? .

Yes, Marianna. That is the first time we saw that exterior shot. We also saw an interior shot that was not the same in later episodes.

A lot of houses in the sixties were falling down and the council move people around ,don't think they ever really covered why they moved in the show ut I preferred the new houses more interesting views etc.Remember when Howard got a new dustbin I like to see him try that now they would make you pay and for the old one as well,times are hard!

In reality Alan Bell told me the owners of the first houses wanted more money if they wanted to continue using their homes,which gave him a good excuse to find a new location,as it was becoming difficult to film in that location due to space

Back