Loss of sleep

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I've been awake since 5am giving in to the call of nature. I have a recurring UTI for which I keep taking anti-bioctis. Does anyone else in the group have this problem and, if so, is there anything you can recommend to curb these early morning urges? The urge to express some zzzzzzzzz's is fast taking over so I will lay back and try and catch up on some of the lost sheep. ...ERR, lost sleep. It's sheep I should be counting. Has anybody tried counting sheep to get to sleep. I only tried it once. I counted 700 at which point I realized that I was 300 short because there should be 1,000 in my bedtime flock. At £200 each I soon worked out that I was £60,000 short due to some plonker leaving the meadow gate open. That was it, who could sleep after such a financial loss?
Any suggestions regarding the UTI {urinary tract infection} will be very much appreciated. ...ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A wee tale [no pun intended] related to this problem . I and some of my colleagues were on a management training course at Silverdale . Post course day we used to go for a few beers at the local pub in the village . The place had an onsite bar and one of my colleagues persuaded the night porter to give him some extra drinks after we returned so he was fairly well sozzled but eventually went to his bedroom .

Next day as I was coming downstairs I heard a couple of screams and lots of laughter . My colleague had apparently got out of bed to go to the toilet but took the route which matched what he did at home . No one discovered where he went to the toilet but his return to his room overnight wasn't quite right and he had made his way back to the communal coffee lounge where he kipped naked on one of the settees only to be found by the ladies and Gentlemen coming down for Breakfast . :eek:

I don't have a UTI but it's not unusual for me to wake up at least once in the night needing a wee. Being in my mid 50s I assumed it was just a middle age bladder issue that many men of a certain age get.

I don't have a UTI but it's not unusual for me to wake up at least once in the night needing a wee. Being in my mid 50s I assumed it was just a middle age bladder issue that many men of a certain age get.
What time do you take your last drink at night WellyMan? I drink plenty of tea and water through the day but stop at 6pm and just have a sip of water at 11pm to wash down my bedtime tablets. I wake up about 3am for a JR {Jimmy Riddle} . At one time things were so bad that it wasn't worth getting back into bed. It was a nightmare. NIGHTMARE? I don't remember taking a horse to bed. :oops:

What time do you take your last drink at night WellyMan? I drink plenty of tea and water through the day but stop at 6pm and just have a sip of water at 11pm to wash down my bedtime tablets. I wake up about 3am for a JR {Jimmy Riddle} . At one time things were so bad that it wasn't worth getting back into bed. It was a nightmare. NIGHTMARE? I don't remember taking a horse to bed. :oops:

Most nights my last drink is a bit of water about 10pm to take meds, but on a Friday and Saturday I usually have some booze up to about 11pm. TBH even though the waking up for a wee is a nuisance I've had to put up with worse for nearly 30 years due to surgery on my guts. The bladder problem has just made the disturbance free nights even rarer :( The only good thing is that I no longer work so it's more bearable than it used to be.

Back