LotSW link to Laurel & Hardy

WellyMan

Dedicated Member
We're slowly making the way through the Summer Wine DVD box set and one episode we saw recently had a snippet of Laurel & Hardy music. I believe this is because a woman in the scene is Stan Laurel's daughter. It got me thinking that a similarity of SW and L&H is that a core theme in many episodes of both is the conflict between husbands and wives. It'll be interesting to see if SW has the same longevity.

LOTSW is doing pretty well up to this point. I remember buying silent L&H cine film when I were a lad.

L and H silent short the Battle of the Century cracks me up would it be fabulous if they had recreated it with LOTSW [ I know Mel Brooks paid homage in Blazing Saddles] just think of the sub plots Wesley snaps and pie's Edie , Brave Foggy hiding under the table , Ivy comes out of the Cafe with "What the blood and stomach pills is going on here!" only to get one right in the kisser as she scrapes it off she roles her sleeves up pulling the "I've just bitten a lemon look" and getting stuck in . Auntie profiteering selling pies 10 p each 6 for a pound . All suggestions welcome if anyone wants to contribute to my attempt at a "storyboard" :):):)

L and H silent short the Battle of the Century cracks me up would it be fabulous if they had recreated it with LOTSW [ I know Mel Brooks paid homage in Blazing Saddles] just think of the sub plots Wesley snaps and pie's Edie , Brave Foggy hiding under the table , Ivy comes out of the Cafe with "What the blood and stomach pills is going on here!" only to get one right in the kisser as she scrapes it off she roles her sleeves up pulling the "I've just bitten a lemon look" and getting stuck in . Auntie profiteering selling pies 10 p each 6 for a pound . All suggestions welcome if anyone wants to contribute to my attempt at a "storyboard" :):):)

And Pearl would be looking to splat Marina with a pie, and Cleggy would be hiding away from the melee indoors.

Back