Merry Christmas 2021

OK, lets settle this "ASHES" thing. While I LIVE in OZ, I am definitely NOT Aussie. I am a true blue skinned Scot by nature. I HATE cricket (My wife who is unfortunately a "cockney" from London) loves the damn thing and is continually contaminating my TV set with the thing every season.

Although you would think I was a bronzed Aussie, I most definitely AINT! Yesterday Perth became officially the hottest Australian Capital City on Christmas Day in recorded history at nearly 43C and I HATED IT. Today is set to be HOTTER!!!!

I like living in OZ (except for the extreme heat some days) but I wasn't offered the choice when we moved here and my body is certainly not suited to this climate. To prove how Scottish my body is, on my trip to Britain in 2017 (4 years ago ALREADY!!!) I got SUNBURNT. NOT in the tropical southern regions near the equator like Portsmouth but in the North of my own country at CULLODEN!!!

Anyhoo... hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day whatever the weather!
:01: :01: :01: :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas

OK, lets settle this "ASHES" thing. While I LIVE in OZ, I am definitely NOT Aussie. I am a true blue skinned Scot by nature. I HATE cricket (My wife who is unfortunately a "cockney" from London) loves the damn thing and is continually contaminating my TV set with the thing every season.

Although you would think I was a bronzed Aussie, I most definitely AINT! Yesterday Perth became officially the hottest Australian Capital City on Christmas Day in recorded history at nearly 43C and I HATED IT. Today is set to be HOTTER!!!!

I like living in OZ (except for the extreme heat some days) but I wasn't offered the choice when we moved here and my body is certainly not suited to this climate. To prove how Scottish my body is, on my trip to Britain in 2017 (4 years ago ALREADY!!!) I got SUNBURNT. NOT in the tropical southern regions near the equator like Portsmouth but in the North of my own country at CULLODEN!!!

Anyhoo... hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day whatever the weather!
:01: :01: :01: :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas :Merry Christmas
A really interesting post Brian, clearly what most would perceive as the paradise is clearly not paradise for all! Australia is the best country I've ever visited and I've been fortunate enough to go a couple of times. I often entertain a romantic notion of living there, but I suppose I may miss the differing seasons the UK has. When I think about it, the hottest day I have ever experienced was in Freemantle, which I'm guessing is not too far from you Brian. Hopefully you get to visit Scotland again and enjoy the inclement weather!

I've never seen a cricket team actually give up before 7/61.. someone throw in the towel quickly before someone gets hurt...

I've never seen a cricket team actually give up before 7/61.. someone throw in the towel quickly before someone gets hurt...
This is far from the best Aussie side I've seen, I don't think Smith is playing at his best but we are absolutely atrocious sadly! You totally deserve the 5-0, but I'm sure Australia must want better opposition than we are at the moment!

Back