Midsomer Murders

Adanor

Dedicated Member
Well, finally PBS is catching up --sort of. They recently ran the last of the Tom Barnaby episodes and now are onto the first of the Neil Dudgeon episodes with Cousin Barnaby. Gulp. Shall miss John Nettles but as he said, they kept him in the harness LONG after real homicide detectives usually retire. I've heard that the home front promises to be a bit more lively.

Talking of Detectives has anyone watched Inspector Montalbano ? I am hooked on the show watched every episode and the Young Montalbano series. The plots are really simple but its the scenery and humour, if travel comes back full time Punta Secca in Sicily is where I'm heading [you can stay in what purports to be his house which is now a B and B plus you can eat at the restaurant he eats at nearby] .

I am currently doing my dinger with Auntie because the world has seen the 15th and final series which is in essence one episode, released May last year, but it has not aired in the UK and I cannot find anywhere to watch it . Auntie has wholeheartedly supported the show buying every episode but for some reason they won't even confirm that they purchased the last episode let alone say when they will air it . They decided to embellish their Christmas schedule , surely a perfect time to show it , with episodes but just repeats of the last series we saw , 14 , which was two episodes.

Its the sheer lack of empathy in their replies treat you like a child the way things are going I am beginning to think they simply have not purchased it which seems absolutely ludicrous considering they have purchased everything to do with the show so far . I signed the last mail "Seething of Newcastle" :mad::mad::mad::)

If you love a nice LOTSW-esque gentle drama, I'd heartily recommend Father Brown. It's set in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, and other than the regular murders it's a lovely programme to watch :p:p:p
I was just thinking of Father Brown reading the comments from above! Yes, I love Father Brown, but usually pass on the "international-themed ones, with the high-end thieves, etc.

Latest season of FB just concluded watched them all has a reoccurring cast so Sid returned , Lady Phylicia was in a couple , then Bunty returned and even Flambeau appeared in one . It is very light drama wise and easy to watch but one episode was maybe a step too far . They were invited to a holiday camp featuring Orangecoats , there was a cleaner who had been trying for years to become an Orangecoat but the person in charge constantly refused , seem familiar . It was a straight lift from Hi De Hi but far inferior it was just apathetic. The other episodes were fine don't quite know why they made it I suppose it is tongue in cheek but it was nothing short of embarrassing for the audience and cast.

Mark Williams was on Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago, they've just made the 200th episode of FB, there is an outside chance it could overtake our beloved series in terms of episodes in a few years......
I had no idea they made that many episodes. They don't play that many in the States, at least not in WETA-UK yet. I will pass this along to my wife. She likes British murder mysteries the most, followed by comedies. It's vice versa for me.

I had no idea they made that many episodes. They don't play that many in the States, at least not in WETA-UK yet. I will pass this along to my wife. She likes British murder mysteries the most, followed by comedies. It's vice versa for me.
There's scores of episodes including some of the more recent ones Codfanglers on Dailymotion I've attached a link

I didn't know there were that many either, but Britbox is carrying the current season and has quite a few seasons available to view.

Back