My Mail to the BBC today

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Sir

I write to you regarding the axing of Last of the Summer Wine, a show loved by many, totally inoffensive and something the BBC should be proud of, I would like to point you to the petition I started a few weeks back, so you can read some of the collected comments,which number wise is only from a small group of people that visit my website, http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wewantsummerwine/signatures?page=1

A point that seems generally voiced is the least the BBC could do is end the series on a final special, personally I feel the BBC could cut down on the growing reality/makeover/cookery shows they feel the public will enjoy, we are all getting fed up with them, if it is a question of lack of funds for the BBC to make the more traditional programmes of which it seriously lacks,then how about cutting back on some of the channels offered, we have two part time channels BBC3 and 4, BBC HD seems a waste of time being only part time and just repeating what's on BBC1,who really wants to watch a cookery show in HD

Also the BBC needs to cut back on the vast numbers of crew they send to events often outstripping the participants, example is why does the weather lady on BBC Breakfast have to attend all the exclusive events like Ascot,Wimbledon and this morning she was at the Flower show, this seems like a nice outing paid for by the licence payer, she is telling us the weather forecast so why is she being shipped around the country and at what cost, if this is the way the BBC spend the license payers money, then maybe it is time for them to actually work for it on a commercial basis, instead of billions of pounds being handed to them on a plate

I look forward to your reply and please do not insult me by saying no decision has been made regarding Last of the Summer Wine, they are not filming,so they are not making the show along with the fact you have stalled showing the last six episodes made.

Regards

Terry Bartlam

Good email Terry and covers all the bases, including the remark regarding the rubbish they waste money on. Let's hope it induces a positive response.

Well said Terry ! As a resident of Holmfirth I know many local people are not only enthusiastic viewers of Last of the Summer Wine but are also economically dependent on the programme. 'The Archers' marches on: why not LOSW.

Back