New Pictures

Thank you much Terry, that's really got me teased with anticipation for the new series, very kind of you.

Hi

Truth if truth were needed that I am not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to t'internet but for the life in me I can't find the "Gallery" link to look at photo's on this website, I know its staring me in the face, I just can't see it, help please!!

Thanks in advance :-[

Great pictures. I really enjoyed them. Thanks!!
7.gif

I saw a photo of Drovers Bridge in the gallery. That is where I would like my ashes scattered. Well, I used to think I would, but it does look a little lonely.

Nancy

... Drovers Bridge .... it does look a little lonely.

It really isn't all that lonely. When I was out there taking photos a few years ago, there were too many people around to work comfortably. It wasn't Grand Central Station, but even a few passers-by get in the way. Besides the walkers on the footpath, there was another photographer who started out in the stream where he wasn't a problem, but then he went up on the bridge right in the center of my frame and stayed there so long that I was running out of time. I finally took my photo regardless and cloned him out later.

I've had the same thought about having my ashes scattered there, but the logistics of getting them and someone to scatter them there from the States have eluded me so far. Ideas, anyone?

Marianna

and cloned him out later.

huh? cloned him out??

cloning is the process of producing similar populations of genetically identical individuals that occurs in nature when organisms such as bacteria, insects or plants reproduce asexually.

Can you "clone out" by sexual reproduction???

huh? cloned him out??

cloning is the process of producing similar populations of genetically identical individuals that occurs in nature when organisms such as bacteria, insects or plants reproduce asexually.

Can you "clone out" by sexual reproduction???

It's also the process of replacing sections of photos with pixels from the surrounding area of the image in order to remove the original section, using Photoshop's clone tool. In addition to removing photo-bombing people, it's handy for getting rid of rubbish, and that's mostly what I use it for. In the case of the photographer on the bridge, I zoomed in to work at pixel level to ensure that he was totally removed. I know, sounds bloodthirsty!

Marianna

It really isn't all that lonely. When I was out there taking photos a few years ago, there were too many people around to work comfortably. It wasn't Grand Central Station, but even a few passers-by get in the way. Besides the walkers on the footpath, there was another photographer who started out in the stream where he wasn't a problem, but then he went up on the bridge right in the center of my frame and stayed there so long that I was running out of time. I finally took my photo regardless and cloned him out later.

I've had the same thought about having my ashes scattered there, but the logistics of getting them and someone to scatter them there from the States have eluded me so far. Ideas, anyone?

Marianna
Hello Marianna, I too like to take scenic photos but I prefer to have people in my pics. I have taken photos of the same spot without people in it and photos with people in it. I like them both but I find that people give more life to my pics. I used to wait for ages at a beauty spot for people to appear.
Peri.

Back