New Roy Clarke/David Jason sitcom announced

D

DJWCFC

There was talk on here a couple of months ago about a new sitcom written by Roy Clarke and starring David Jason, well it's been announced as "Still Open All Hours" a sequel to the classic sitcom with David Jason as Granville and two Last of the Summer Wine guests stars re-appearing as well (Lynda Baron and Maggie Ollerenshaw), i'm looking forward to it, sounds like it will be on at Christmas but don't know if that's 2013 or 2014 at the moment.

I always wondered if they would do this, fingers crossed they don't mess it up but with Mr Clark writing I would think it'll be ok.

Wow that would be fantastic...if Roy is putting pen to paper it's sure to be a big hit.. I believe the original shop they used for the outside scenes still exists too.. :)

Can't wait i actually have some hope for this one, not like most reheated versions of old shows. They are going to use the original shop also in lister ave doncaster say the owners. They are filming it in november.

i cant wait for it to be aired...I know its a one off but with roy Clarke writing and david Jason at the helm I wouldn't mind betting it will be brilliant...and if it is could there possibly be an avenue for a series...suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to when this will make it across the Pond? It sounds interesting.

Back