next release

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone any ideas about when the next series is being released? My dad is getting very fidgety about it!

Has anyone any ideas about when the next series is being released? My dad is getting very fidgety about it!

If we are talking "Last of the Summer Wine - Series 25 & 26 [DVD]", Amazon has been carrying a "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." notice for months now. At one time we were conjecturing it might be out for Christmas 2012. Sadly it look like not too many orders are anticipated.

Hi Big Unc, I wasn't really expecting it out for last Xmas because it missed the one before miserably :'( but I was hoping it would be out for Easter time, it would make a great presant so I don't why they don't get their act together and release it already >:(

Happyjack yes I know but I don't have to watch everyone else getting fidgety ;D
He's driving me potty. :D

oh, this is good news . . . about pre-ordering. Does anyone know how many there are after #26. I have never seen an episode after 24.

oh, this is good news . . . about pre-ordering. Does anyone know how many there are after #26. I have never seen an episode after 24.

if you include the 25 & 26 box set there should be 4 left to release, 27 & 28, 29 & 30 and 31 & 32 as well as 25 & 26, although when we see them is anyones guess at the moment

As I have said before,they will not be released until UK Gold etc have flogged them to death, LOSW is probably the only show on those channels that you cannot yet buy the entire series on dvd, so anyone wanting to see the later series has to shell out a subscription,annoyingly someone at the BBC gave UK Gold the entire series for free,so the licence payer paid for it,they gave it away and you have to pay again to watch it, it will be interesting to see how well uk gold stands in 3-5 years when all of LOSW is out on dvd

As I have said before,they will not be released until UK Gold etc have flogged them to death, LOSW is probably the only show on those channels that you cannot yet buy the entire series on dvd, so anyone wanting to see the later series has to shell out a subscription,annoyingly someone at the BBC gave UK Gold the entire series for free,so the licence payer paid for it,they gave it away and you have to pay again to watch it, it will be interesting to see how well uk gold stands in 3-5 years when all of LOSW is out on dvd

Some wee queries over this. Do you not think that GOLD has already shown the two series on the next DVD plenty of times? Secondly, concerning the statement that "someone at the BBC gave UK Gold the entire series for free", is it not more a matter that BBC transferred the series to GOLD. GOLD is a UK TV company channel and UK TV is partly owned by the BBC.

Some wee queries over this. Do you not think that GOLD has already shown the two series on the next DVD plenty of times? Secondly, concerning the statement that "someone at the BBC gave UK Gold the entire series for free", is it not more a matter that BBC transferred the series to GOLD. GOLD is a UK TV company channel and UK TV is partly owned by the BBC.

Yes they have screened the next series plenty of times Unc, but if you look back over the years the show moved around many of the UK brand channels including UK History for some years before batches of dvd releases came about.
I feel that although The UK brand is part owned by the BBC it must be a independent arm something similar to BBC worldwide, I hope so as they are spending millions trying to produce new shows for the UK brand and this should be money not related to the licence fee, so gave or transferred it cost them nothing to obtain the show,maybe it was a sign that the BBC proper were not/or could not be bothered to develop decent comedy for their main channels

i see the next american release has been announced for july (vintage 1999 series 20), if it carries on like this they will overtake the british releases soon, even the australian releases are up to series 22 and will be up to series 24 (like the UK) in may so they might overtake the uk soon as well, surely a new set or two should be happening soon for the uk seeing thats the country its originated from

i see the next american release has been announced for july (vintage 1999 series 20), if it carries on like this they will overtake the british releases soon, even the australian releases are up to series 22 and will be up to series 24 (like the UK) in may so they might overtake the uk soon as well, surely a new set or two should be happening soon for the uk seeing thats the country its originated from
With the help of Amazon.co.uk, I have up to #24 . . . I am in New York City. I purchased an all region dvd player and I am good to go.

I have to admit that's a possibility, my dad refused to watch it for ages after Compo died, he soon changed his mind though.

Surely not? I think there would be still big demand for them :)

there would be demand from us die-hard fans, but passing ones who arent sure if they want to watch the show without the main star wouldnt buy it, the solution though is simple, for peoples birthdays and christmas presents this year we all buy 23 & 24 for them, boost the sales figures for that set to convince playback to release the rest ;)

Back