Nigel Hinchliffe

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
A few days ago Jack & Joey posted the question, 'Whose nose turned septic?'. Glenda very quickly came up with the answer Nigel Hinchliffe. I did say that Nigel Hinchliffe had a shop in Holmfirth. I have searched for quite a while to find a picture of that shop. The other day I was watching 'Some Enchanted Evening', series 2 episode 4, and the three were crossing the road in the center of Holmfirth and in the background was the shop. The name 'NIGEL HINCHLIFFE' was on the the orange sign above the shop window. A lot of you must have seen this before but maybe one or two of you didn't know this. I was never overly keen on the first two series so it's a long time since I have seen this particular shot. That and the fact that I am very ancient is my excuse for not remembering this particular scene. You might have to make use of a magnifying glass to read the name, I did. The Yorkshire dialect was used more in the first two series. :18: :42::21:

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Good eye there @Peripheral . I just had a quick look at that episode. Seems Hinchliffe may have been a popular name then. I spotted a yellow Joe Hinchcliffe sign as they cross the bridge. Then the orange Nigel Hinchcliffe sign a few buildings away as they turn and come down the street. They can be a bit hard to get a clean screenshot since the camera is panning plus the distance away does not help.

JH.jpgNH.jpg

Last edited:

RickAns

Dedicated Member
A good potential plot thread there, Moody. She could still work the library and join the ladies at tea to grumble about husbands and men in general.

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
Never mind the McDonagh's of Jamieson Street its the Hinchcliffe's of Holmfirth and you can add to the list of the "Beware of's" [its a bit like the Carry On's only there are five for LOTSW] the Elbow, the Oglethorpe, the Vanilla Slice, the Hot Dog and Laughing at Nora's Hats I give you the latest ...........Beware of the Sceptic Nose . :fp: Sorry about this inane Dribble sorry drivel , the writing that is not the dribble from the Sceptic Nose :eek: I need a cup of relaxing tea and a lie down.

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
She could re educate Nora into seeing and feeling more of the romantic,cultured side of life.....
Just imagine Lucinda and Nora gazing at dew on spiders webs.......discussing the romantic novel....but the worrying thing is......when she finally persuaded Nora to pick up a paintbrush .....just what would Nora put on her blank canvas ?????...the mind boggles !!!!

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
If you recall the battle over cleanliness between Mrs Avery and Nora then perhaps they could have had a modern day guest star with that name Sophie Hinchcliffe who is better known as Mrs Hinch , she'd have given them both a run for their money.