Odd.....A Leg Up For Christmas

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of odd things I noticed in this special, Auntie is waiting for Smiler to return on the motorbike and she is checking and shaking her watch which appears to be a digital watch so no point shaking it, the impression is that it is Christmas day and the trio decide to go and visit Marina in the supermarket to get her to come to Cleggy's where they will have Howard around, so the supermarket is open on Christmas day,I also thought this was one of the few days they were closed

One. There are several supermarkets open round here on Xmas day. There seems to be more open every year.

Two. My Mam had a watch she wound it up every night, one day it stopped working so ask Dad to take in in the jewellers to get fixed, he said it probably needed a new battery, Mam said ! What? It runs off a battery? Then why have been winding it every night?" Dad said he had a quite a few answers to that question but because he liked living there he decided to say nout!! Wise man!
So the moral there is if you've had a watch all your life and are used to handling it a certain way its hard to break the habit.

Also I'm afraid to say that some woman are just dozy! ;D

when they visit the supermarket it is Christmas Eve Terry, there was big writing in that episode saying that day was Christmas Eve

What? It runs off a battery? Then why have been winding it every night?" Dad said he had a quite a few answers to that question but because he liked living there he decided to say nout!! Wise man!

That is too funny. Sounds a bit like Wesley and Edie. ;D

Back