On the House

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In Return of the Warrior Ivy lets Foggy have a cuppa on the house,can you think of other episodes when the tea was free

Will need some help on this one, Compo pretends to put a coin down on the counter, and Ivy keeps lifting up the cups looking for the "paid" cup of tea. I think it is the one when Truly helps Clegg get his rates lowered. Was it Nowhere Particular????:me:

Will need some help on this one, Compo pretends to put a coin down on the counter, and Ivy keeps lifting up the cups looking for the "paid" cup of tea. I think it is the one when Truly helps Clegg get his rates lowered. Was it Nowhere Particular????:me:

I think it may well have been Brenda :16: :16:

That episode is not "Nowhere Particular." I don't know if there was any free tea in that one or not.
But the episode where Compo pretends to put a coin down on the counter is the same episode where he shows the man the matchbox and scares him away so he gets the mans scones. So that's fee scones and tea in that episode. I won't tell the name of that though as it's still the question waiting to be answered in the Matchbox Quiz. It's also the episode where Howard wants Clegg to buy the China Shepherdess for Marina.

Did Ivy give Compo a free cup in Spring Fever? He didn't order anything when he walked in all spiffed up but Ivy told Sid to give him a cup anyway. I can't recall if he paid for it or not.

Did Ivy give Compo a free cup in Spring Fever? He didn't order anything when he walked in all spiffed up but Ivy told Sid to give him a cup anyway. I can't recall if he paid for it or not.

Yes she did. "He didn't ask for a tea" "He hasn't come in dressed like a Phyllis before". Paraphrasing Sid of course.

In WHITE MANS GRAVE Sid gives Foggy a free tea and sticky bun for avoiding wedlock. Then he offers Wally one cause he feels sorry for him! ;D

That episode is not "Nowhere Particular." I don't know if there was any free tea in that one or not.
But the episode where Compo pretends to put a coin down on the counter is the same episode where he shows the man the matchbox and scares him away so he gets the mans scones. So that's fee scones and tea in that episode. I won't tell the name of that though as it's still the question waiting to be answered in the Matchbox Quiz. It's also the episode where Howard wants Clegg to buy the China Shepherdess for Marina.

Was it Give Us A Light Mate?

Ivy also gave him a cup a tea in "Cash Flow Problems". He ordered 2 teas for Clegg and Foggy,said he was skint. She then pours a third cup and said, "alright here"
It does not show anyone paying for any of the teas, but dialog indicated,Clegg and Foggy were to pay for theirs.

Just ran across another freebie tea for Compo. In Where there's Smoke There's a Barbecue when Compo goes into Cafe bragging how he just got a kiss from Nora on the lips. Having being told that his credit was not good, Ivy says ,"and live to tell the tale". Then giving him his tea.

Well, this concerns the words "free" and "cafe." This is the one where Cleggy gets them to play their recorders to the flowers in the cafe while he activates the silent buzzer to get Ivy to come flying out, and then collects their money after the others have fled.

Saw the biggest "freebie" today! WHO'S LOOKING AFTER THE CAFE THEN??, Compo pockets the "fiver" that the guy leaves for his meal! (food wasn't up to much , but the entertainment! :21: ) :D :D

Back