Online Location map

I've just spent a good hour looking at that map and the time flew by, really enjoyed it, thanks Terry.

Good work yourself too Claye, I really enjoy your input on the locations.

I have tried looking at this but it nearly stopped the PC! Must check out a few matters of computer admin .....

I have tried looking at this but it nearly stopped the PC! Must check out a few matters of computer admin .....

Let me know how you get on Rod, I have had it running on a underpowered netbook with no problems

Let me know how you get on Rod, I have had it running on a underpowered netbook with no problems

I guess it might be something with my PC - when I enlarge the map to be able to pinpoint different spots the whole of my PC stalls and we get "not responding": as I often have to resort to switching off the power as it can be stuck for an hour or more - does make me wonder if there is a problem unrelated.

I manged to get some views but as, stated above, on enlarging the map to get to a different spot it stops!

What I did see on the map was impressive - I was looking for Pilot episode sites as I have this idea of a tour next summer of the very first spots used in filming in 1972.

Mind you I also get messages about insufficient memory for some spreadsheet programmes so I guess it is my PC!

I tried opening the map but it just stayed sort of frozen and i couldnt click on anything.I do remember looking at the map before i became a member and it usually worked fine although,a few times it would slow down dramatically.

Hector

I tried opening the map but it just stayed sort of frozen and i couldnt click on anything.I do remember looking at the map before i became a member and it usually worked fine although,a few times it would slow down dramatically.

Hector

When the map first loads,depending on your connection speed it can take a minute or two to load all the data,I have noticed in the past it will freeze if you try to rush it,I suspect this at times when google are overloaded,I also noticed I had more problems with it using the later Firefox browser along with other site problems

I gave it approx four to five mins and as far as i know my connection speed is pretty high but im not really clued into this sort of thing :)I will give it another go at a later time

Hector

I have just installed the new version of flash player and that seems to have done the trick..thanks

Hector.

Where is the waterfall which is used in many episodes? I am Visiting Marsden moor in a few weeks and was wondering if it's near the standedge tunnel and closegate bridge?

Where is the waterfall which is used in many episodes? I am Visiting Marsden moor in a few weeks and was wondering if it's near the standedge tunnel and closegate bridge?

I am informed that it is Manchester side of Closegate bridge,Marsden Moor, following the stream, I have never manged to get that far so I cannot confirm this,I wish you luck

Hope you have a great time Mark. Please share some photos if you can.

I had the impression the waterfall was south, closer to the See Ya Compo hill area. In west of Blakeley and Wessenden Reservoirs. If you or someone could confirm where the waterfall is that would be great. It is a spot I would like to visit as well.

Back