Only In England

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Today was the first official day you could sell your surplus tickets for any 2012 Olympic events via an official website, by noon today they started working on this website and it was unavailable for use and will be for several days, (It probably crashed and they have to wait for the PC world guy to come in and fix it)

Why doesn't that surprise me? I also heard they over sold tickets for some events by thousands.

Is'nt it going to be great!!!!!!!

Ha Ha.

It gets better,spotted this online,published today by Westminster City Council

Next summer's Olympic Games mean that London will be putting on the biggest show on earth and as Westminster has a starring role, visitors to London will easily be able to share their pictures and updates of the Olympic events across social networking sites.
Philippa Roe (Cabinet Member), Westminster City Council

Does she not mean this summers Games

Does she not mean this summers Games

This really is a moot point in English usage. I suggest in this context "this", "next" and "the one after next" really are incredibly vague and so prone to ambiguity.

One point must be precisely when the bulletin was written. Maybe at that time there was no ambiguity in "next summer". But at this early point in the year I would suggest that Summer 2012 can be both "this summer" and "next summer". I for one would certainly not call Summer 2013 "next summer" and no way would I define Summer 2014 as "the summer after next".

Your average local level politico is usualy lacking in education and an ability to tell the truth so these comments are not surprising.Who would realy want to travel into london and then be strip searched just to watch syncro swimming also only be able to eat McD rubbish .No thanks will watch a few events on tv and eat good food,mark you I could subject the wife to intense security!

Back