Peter Sallis and Patrick McGoohan

Sarkus

Dedicated Member
I was watching an interesting documentary on Amazon the other night about an interview Patrick McGoohan did in 1984 where he discussed "The Prisoner." The documentary had a lot of unused footage from the attempts to get that interview done. At any rate, they also had a bit of an overview of McGoohan's career before "The Prisoner" and mentioned that one of his earliest roles that got people's attention was as the star of a 1959 TV adaptation of the Ibsen play "Brand." They noted that Peter Sallis had been one of the actors in that adaptation who had later commented on McGoohan's intense portrayal.

I found it interesting how so many of the notable actors in that period worked with each other on earlier, less notable projects. Fulton Mackay also had a bit part in "Brand."

(I shouldn't be surprised but of course YouTube has "Brand" uploaded.)

Hello Sarkus do you please have a link to the Documentary on Amazon . I am a huge fan of the Prisoner and would like to see it . Thank you for any help you can offer.

On this thread has anyone visited Portmerion? I'm interested in seeing whether its worth the long trip?

I haven't but I am desperate to go had a bus trip booked to stay in Llandudno last year and worked out how to get to Portmerion rather than go on one of the organised trips with the holiday and then lockdown shot all plans down in flames . Determined to go at some point because even allowing for the link to the Prisoner it is such an architecturally interesting place.

I was watching an interesting documentary on Amazon the other night about an interview Patrick McGoohan did in 1984 where he discussed "The Prisoner." The documentary had a lot of unused footage from the attempts to get that interview done. At any rate, they also had a bit of an overview of McGoohan's career before "The Prisoner" and mentioned that one of his earliest roles that got people's attention was as the star of a 1959 TV adaptation of the Ibsen play "Brand." They noted that Peter Sallis had been one of the actors in that adaptation who had later commented on McGoohan's intense portrayal.

I found it interesting how so many of the notable actors in that period worked with each other on earlier, less notable projects. Fulton Mackay also had a bit part in "Brand."

(I shouldn't be surprised but of course YouTube has "Brand" uploaded.)
He also appeared with Judy Dench in a London play; his most notable contribution was to ad lib while they fixed bulky sets.

Back