Red Dwarf

C

Chuffer Enwright

Is anyone a fan? I remember watching it years ago, so got the first 2 series on DVD cheap the other day and have been watching them through and because I had forgotten what happens, I have been chortling nicely in places.
A few quid well spent I think.

It was better early on Stew, when they relied on a great script rather than daft special effects. I've really enjoyed the 2 series so far, think I'll get the next two now, excellent alternative to Summer Wine for a now and again watch.

Yeah, I think that episde ypu mention was Queeg in series 2! I laughed heartily!
"A pea on toast?"! ;D

I think threre is a brand new series coming soon :)Craig Charles took an extended break from Coronation street to film it.

I love Red dwarf. i remember an episode that i watched when i was younger and it gave me nightmares for ages. It was the sirens one, boy they were scary :-[

Good comparison George! I watched it years ago before I understood British humor so didn't quite "get" some of it. We watch it now and laugh a lot!

Loved Red Dwarf - LOTSW in space

Lister = Compo
Rimmer = Foggy
Kryton = Cleggy
Where does Cat fit in then :),got it on DVD,and VHS,hoping to get it all on DVD.My favourite ep. is Thanks For The Memory where Lister gives Rimmer some of his memories as a 'deathday' present

I really enjoyed the first few but after that, has with many shows, they tried to hard and ruined it.
I liked Lister because he looked like my brother :D

Also a fan of Red Dwarf. I've got all the series on DVD here in the states. Waiting for this supposed Series 10 that they're working on.

My favorite episodes have to be "Gunmen of the Apocalypse", "Duct Soup" and "Meltdown" where Winnie the Pooh is put in front of a firing squad. lol

I like Red Dwarf. Very well written series and good cast. Though it's sci fi, it does have a very strong and traditional sitcom theme to it as well - Craig Charles insisted it's 'Steptoe in space'. Which is nearly right.

I lost track on the very later episodes. I stumbled upon some on cable tv where the plot revealed the whole story was just a sitcom - which struck me as a weak idea. Still, I never saw these episodes in their entirity so I can't possibly say they were a load of rubbish. I assumed it was now over. Are they making some more then?

There were rumours for nearly 20 years that a film was going to be made.

I like Red Dwarf. Very well written series and good cast. Though it's sci fi, it does have a very strong and traditional sitcom theme to it as well - Craig Charles insisted it's 'Steptoe in space'. Which is nearly right.

I lost track on the very later episodes. I stumbled upon some on cable tv where the plot revealed the whole story was just a sitcom - which struck me as a weak idea. Still, I never saw these episodes in their entirity so I can't possibly say they were a load of rubbish. I assumed it was now over. Are they making some more then?

There were rumours for nearly 20 years that a film was going to be made.

That was the Easter special they did two or three years ago. I think the whole story was about 3 or 4 episodes. No laugh track or anything. I'm not used to the non-laugh track episodes, but I liked the twist at the end of the story.

They've been filming (I think studio audience) for this next series that's going to air sometime. Don't know when it will air, though.

Back