Remember When

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I feel sure you can all think of more

Health & Safety was called common sense
You did not have to queue in a shop for the privilege of paying them
Recycling was lending your bother your bike
Kids actually walked to and from school, now they have 30 minutes in the playground before they go home to burn their energy off
Your energy bills were less than the mortgage payments
You looked forward to what was on TV,especially at the weekends
You could fly overseas without paying more tax and other add ons than the flight cost
When the phone rang it was people you Knew calling
You did not need and knife or scissors to open what your food was packed in
Your dustbin was not half full of junk mail
You did not spend ages on the phone trying to get good service, which these days can cost you a lot of money with the normal business dialling prefix
Your were not ask to take out insurance on a £10 product and the insurance cost £11
Your personal details were safe as you were never asked about them
You could trust the banks
Your children were not in serious debt by the time they were 19
Rush hour only lasted a couple of hours a day Monday to Friday
You could afford to go to London
You would see a real Policeman walking

I remember when;
Footballers only went down injured when they were injured and did not injure themselves pretending to be injured.
How good your Christmas was depended on how good the Morecambe and Wise Special was.
You could jump off a moving bus.
You could buy a knife and just use it for carving wood.
Not everything needed batteries just imagination.

You could pay your rent,do a weeks food shopping, go out to the cinema and to eat,buy new clothes,maintain the car,do the football pools and it would cost less than filling your car up at today's prices

You could pay your rent,do a weeks food shopping, go out to the cinema and to eat,buy new clothes,maintain the car,do the football pools and it would cost less than filling your car up at today's prices

If I filled up my car it would cost the same number of pounds as I used to earn in about 9 weeks! Either I have a big tank or was poorly paid!!!

Back