RIP Pete Postlethwaite..

MST3Claye

Dedicated Member
Was looking at Wikipedia and saw that this actor had passed away yesterday. He had been in some numerous things. "Jurassic Park: Lost World" and the remake of "Clash of the Titans". He was also in the Last of the Summer Wine episode "A Merry Heatwave". He played the postman. What's odd though, is that it says he was 68 when he passed away. Which means he was in his early 30s in the episode. I'm in my mid-30s and I believe Mike Grady was in his 30s when he started with LotSW. The postman looks older than being in his 30s. Not trying to throw around any ageism here at all, just thought it odd. Either way, Rest in Peace. He was good in the Clash of the Titans remake, and he was in the funny segment in A Merry Heatwave when it was revealed to Nora about her Billy and that basically the postman read the letter. lol

Just a follow-up. This is a good example on why you should not base information on just Wikipedia alone. This was mentioned by another Summer Wine fan, that most likely he played the guy in the Cafe who was obliged to order two Christmas dinners.

Sad to see anothe fine actor pass on.

Still remember the classic bit in Brassed Off when the coupel are almost killing each other and he calmly refers to it as a domestic!

Back