Ron Backhouse

Didn't realise that Ron was the actual landlord of the White Horse and had no acting experience but I do think his reactions to certain situations in the pub were really funny. He never smiled and was always strict with the guys but he also delivered his part really well.

Definitely one of the unsung heroes of the show.

I popped into the White Horse one year as a visitor from the south,Ron was there and we chatted about summer wine, he then stuck on a home movie taken during recent filming at the pub which was really nice of him,some years later after he had moved on from the pub I was surprised to see him working on Huddersfield market, Terry

Was Ron the little Fella? His wife looked a bit fierce....I think it was in The Love Mobile we saw her when Lance gave him a card and she ripped it up....I think that was him. He took his part really well.

Was Ron the little Fella? His wife looked a bit fierce....I think it was in The Love Mobile we saw her when Lance gave him a card and she ripped it up....I think that was him. He took his part really well.

That was him Rob.He always looked to be enjoying himself particularly when he had a speaking part or throwing the lads out the pub.

That was him Rob.He always looked to be enjoying himself particularly when he had a speaking part or throwing the lads out the pub.

Yeah, cheers Amos, he was grand, he looked a bit wooden and nervous to start with, but grew into the part well. I liked Optimism in the Housing market (I think) where Smiler was in the wheelchair and they had Trulys lawnmower and he had to chuck them out several times!

I remember that episode didn't Howard end up with the lawnmower? :)

Yeah, I think he might have done! I know they kept bashing Smiler into walls and tables which was fairly amusing! "Leave me, leave me"!

Always liked thWhite Horse it looked a good solid freindly pub ,understand its reopened as a bistro pub or something like it ,we have got a pub near here that does not do food and its thriving the landlord is eighty this week.

Back