Sandy??

We be in North Carolina, but Sandy gave us wide berth.
No probs.

On the other hand, we were without power for several
hours this afternoon. No idea why.

We are bracing for it here in the WAshington DC suburbs. Its curently 6PM and the worst is supposed to hit us from in the next 2-6 hours. If everyone here goes without hearing from me for a week, it will be because we will be out of power. We were hit by the deratio storm in late June and lost power for over a week, largely because a big oak tree fell over our lines. At least if we lose power this time the weather won't be oppressively hot like in the summer. Personally, I think there is something to the effects of global warming in our area. On top of everything else, there are blizzard conditions two hours to the west of us.

All the best Cod.
Batton down the hatches and stay safe.
Hope to hear from you soon that all is well and no damage was sustained.

Thinking of those of you in USA who may be affected. Trust all is well so far, no doubt you will keep us updated.

It looks like some area's have been badly hit by this storm,I hope everybody that side of the water is OK this morning

It seems that there was bad weather on both ends. British Columbia was having the earthquake which they thought might be felt in Hawaii and then on the east coast New York had their own bad weather. Hope everyone is safe. Knowing these do happen often for sure you are all prepared for it. So take care and keep cover. Saw some pictures of New York last night. It looked like one big swimming pool.

How are our American members doing? Are you all ok?

I reported earlier that things are OK here in the DC Suburbs. I believe I read earlier that CCIaffone (sorry if I butchered your name Chuck) and MSTClaye were OK in North Carolina.

However, lets hope everything is OK with Manfromoswestry. I believe he is from New Jersey.

If I do go for a few days without posting now, it won't be due to lack of power, but instead, I got a great pile of work waiting for me now that I have returned to my job.

Thanks for checking on us and lets keep Manfromoswestry in our prayers.

Lets hope he gets in contact soon.
Glad your all ok :)

I have a friend in New York I've not been able to contact yet, I'm just hoping its lack of power.

Anyone heard from manfromoswestry yet? If you're out there, let us know you're okay, yeah? We're starting to worry.

I have cousins in New Jersy and heard nothing yet from them. The last time we heard they said the house was shaking. Don't know what to think..

Getting a bit concerned now, as regards manfromoswestry. Lets hope it's just a power failure thing and no damage to property.

Back