Sci-Fi

More often than not, ecxcept for Clegg and Foggy, she collared those who had never visited her shop, and so didn't know what she was like.

GUILTY as charged! Read, and/or have, a lot of the "classics" (Dune series and Asimov, Harry Harrison, Niven, Pournelle and E.E. Smith et al.) Read all the Hitchhiker trilogy (All 5 parts) Currently quite taken with Jay Posey, Jay Allan and Jack Campbell and a few other more modern writers.

I tend to favour the "Space Opera" type material but not 100% exclusively.

I am definitely a Dwarfer and quite like Star Trek (Not so much the newer stuff, although the original themed movies were acceptable), and Star Wars (Original 3!) I am also a fan of Babylon 5 and Battlestar.

Not a fan of Stargate, although the boss, who isn't a Scifi fan REALLY likes it and Blakes' 7.

I am struggling to think of any recent films which I like though. The "Blockbusters" tend to be too over the top and more "shoot-em-ups" than anything else. That got boring YEARS ago.

I hear they are making a "Foundation" Series TV show, which sound intriguing and looks promising if the pre released details are anything to go by.
Yep, I too cannot really stomach sci-fi, but the Original Star Trek is palatable. We used to sit around biology class and write endings to the Star Trek episodes. Yes, I am dating myself.

And if I'm not mistaken, Alan Bell did some work, maybe directing the Hitchhiker to the Stars. Perhaps that's why sci-fi sneaks in under the radar so to speak.

The second series of French SF drama Missions is on BBC4. I hadn't seen the first series so have been watching it on iPlayer. It makes a good change tyo the kind of dramas that my wife watches.

Thanks for the heads up on "Missions" WellyMan. I hadn't heard of it before so I thought I would give it a go. About halfway through S1 now and despite having to read the subtitles as it is all in French (Acceptable because it was MADE IN FRANCE! :fp::))It is certainly worth viewing when compared to the rest of the Kraapp that is being peddled currently.

Thanks for the heads up on "Missions" WellyMan. I hadn't heard of it before so I thought I would give it a go. About halfway through S1 now and despite having to read the subtitles as it is all in French (Acceptable because it was MADE IN FRANCE! :fp::))It is certainly worth viewing when compared to the rest of the Kraapp that is being peddled currently.

It's much better than I expected and S2 takes an interesting turn. Takes a bit of time to get used to subtitles only for someone to briefly speak in English!

Back