Seems I angered a few people here...

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
...regarding a post I made about Bill Owen which has since been removed, although I fail to see how I could have done such a thing. Although I vehemently disagree with Bill's politics, I still have the utmost respect for him as an actor, so I was certainly NOT putting the man down in any capacity. One can respectfully disagree with another. I just wanted to know where Bill stood on certain issues, and it was not my intention to start a vicious argument or upset anyone. I maintain I did nothing wrong by asking what I felt was a completely impartial question. Perhaps certain subjects are more taboo in the UK than they are here in the US. I don't know for sure, but again, my apologies to those who may have been offended, even though I fail to see where the offense was. Again, I must restate that I highly respect Bill as an actor and the LOTSW series as a whole, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. It's just that we come to a fork in the road when it comes to that "certain subject". That is all I have to say on the matter. If it's some apparent rule that certain things are not to be discussed here, then so be it. I shall not discuss it again, lest I rattle anyone's sensibilities.

I read it early this morning, it seemed like a bit of a wild message. However, I remember some old disagreements in the old forum. I felt bad as I offended another as well there. As one person put it back then, the forum is shared by a lot of different people with a lot of passion about the topics. So disputes are bound to pop up, whether they relate directly or indirectly to the show.

Even as an American I thought the message was a bit over the top, but I hope no one keeps any hard feelings from anyone else here. So ManfromOswestry, you are still cool with me.

So as not to cause any angered debates or upsets in the future can we all agree to not post subjects relating to Politics and Religion

Thanks

Terry

So as not to cause any angered debates or upsets in the future can we all agree to not post subjects relating to Politics and Religion

Thanks

Terry

That is a common rule on many discussion groups - but we have plenty to talk about, witness the variety of threads

Back