Situation Vacant

W

Who Is That Then

Just recently saw the "Christmas Special" "Situation Vacant", I thought it was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time (I've been watching the newer more recent shows up till now). One of the first things I noticed about this episodes special is that it was ALL on video tape. Even the outdoors scenes that are normally on film. I wonder why for this one episode they decided to use video tape for in and outdoors scenes. I loved it, the whole show seemed so clear and bright and all in nice focus, sometimes the film tends to blur the picture. This show was very funny and I was sorry when it was over, time flew by, that's always a good sign of a great show when it seems to be over as soon as it began. :D

One of my favourites.I loved the scene when Edie hugged Wesley when she realised he was okay

That was really nice wasn't it? I don't think I've ever seen Edie act so warmly to Wesley. It also contained the classic scene of Edie laying out the papers as she called for "Leslayah, Leslayah" to come in. This was just a truly enjoyable episode, classic classic and all on video tape for a unique quality.

Plus Edie got oil on herself after she hugged him. :D The show was one laugh after another.

pity it was Brian and not Bill in the scene with Tom.Compo could have seen Foggy talking to Tom's character,and come up to Foggy and said 'Tha were just a corporal signwriter'or something like that

In fact, there were another six episodes forming the 1991 series just before the special that were shot on videotape.

Though I think videotape gives a clear picture, it somehow doesn't look right on the exterior scenes.

Before 1991 videotape was used for the interior studio scenes, and film for the exteriors.

In 1991 it was videotape.

From 1992 it was all film.

Not sure about the more recent series.

The method before 1991 is my favourite way of filming.

Just recently saw the "Christmas Special" "Situation Vacant", I thought it was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time (I've been watching the newer more recent shows up till now). One of the first things I noticed about this episodes special is that it was ALL on video tape. Even the outdoors scenes that are normally on film. I wonder why for this one episode they decided to use video tape for in and outdoors scenes. I loved it, the whole show seemed so clear and bright and all in nice focus, sometimes the film tends to blur the picture. This show was very funny and I was sorry when it was over, time flew by, that's always a good sign of a great show when it seems to be over as soon as it began. :D

According to Wikipedia, (not always a reliable source) all episodes of the 1991 Series 13 were recorded totally on videotape. Quote for Sreies #13:
"Notably, this series of the show was shot entirely on videotape. Prior to this, the show had used videotape for studio scenes and film for location footage. From the following series until 2004, the show moved to being shot entirely on film, although the laughter track is still included."

Strange how it all goes, I'd say that this was one of my least favourite episodes of all. A ediocre special in a time when the show was at a low ebb for me. I thought series 13 was the worst ever.

Strange how it all goes, I'd say that this was one of my least favourite episodes of all. A ediocre special in a time when the show was at a low ebb for me. I thought series 13 was the worst ever.
Each to their own I thought 'Give Us A Lift', 'Cashflow Problems' and 'Pole Star' in particular were classics

Cor yeah, strange how tastes go CW, I thought they were really poor! There is only Ordeal and Pole Star from that series that I can watch, the others irritate me for some reason.

Personally, I thought series 13 (1991) was the last of the really great series.

From 1992 I found the series relied too much on supporting cast members.

Series 13 was shown on Fridays for some reason, not the usual Sunday slot which was typically used since the early/mid 80s.

Give Us a Lift was particularly good one.

I know CW, I thought we were talking about series 13!

Ah yeah, I meant Passing the Earring and Pole Star, not Ordeal. You are correct mate!

If you're taling about favorite year of the series, I'd say the 1995 season of shows was my favorite. Foggy was at the top of his game, all the characters acted perfectly like themselves, the situations were truly funny without feeling forced and the whole mood of the series that year seemed lighthearted and fun. 1995 is a banner year for LOSW in my humble. :D

If you're taling about favorite year of the series, I'd say the 1995 season of shows was my favorite. Foggy was at the top of his game, all the characters acted perfectly like themselves, the situations were truly funny without feeling forced and the whole mood of the series that year seemed lighthearted and fun. 1995 is a banner year for LOSW in my humble. :D
Do you mean both '95 series?Roy's pen was red hot '94-95,20 episodes in total

Back