Something else to look out for.

2023, and specifically the 4th of January 2023, marks the fifty year anniversary of 'Last of the Summer Wine' – the world's longest running situation comedy. The series may have been off our screens since 2010, but that doesn't mean that all the stops won't be pulled out to celebrate this landmark birthday. There is much in store that we can't talk about just yet, but on the Summer Winos front we can reveal the following:

– A brand new special edition magazine that celebrates the series through a treasure trove of previously unpublished photographs from 1983.
– An anniversary performance of our Summer Winos stage show later in the year.

– A newly filmed documentary travelogue video that investigates the locations used in the series' very first episode.

– A fully revamped website featuring all of our previous posts on the series restored to working order.
– New posts to come throughout the year as we continue our journey through the series.

– And more...

PLUS the first volume of our book on the series is still available from www.summerwinos.co.uk – we can't think of a better time to start rewatching!

I’m waiting for vol2 of their book, the first is definitely one of my favourites.

That is great Barry. I've been to a few shows where they get some of the audience to participate, fun.

Back