Spiffing Day

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Good day everybody. I hope that you all have a 'spiffing' day. Now there is a word that I have neither used or heard for a long time, 'spiffing'. I do recall hearing it used in a war film about our very brave fighter pilot heroes. Are there any words that you have not heard for 'yonks'? Wasn't yonks once used in LOTSW?
I have noticed that Saturdays and Sundays are usually rather quiet on these pages. Are you all football fans or churchgoers? I do believe that I may have just touched a teeny weensy bit on a couple of taboo subjects there. I only raised the subject because I do miss your company at the week-ends. However, it does give me time carry on writing my will which raises a question, Captain, is your name spelled with a capital C or a small c? OH, on the subject of Wills, we have been trying for more than two years to get our Wills finalized. I can't snuff it till it is all settled. I wish I had a pound for every signature I have signed for that company. I shouldn't mention their name but we have spent so much money on postage and phone calls that we don't have 'owt' left to leave.
Right, I'm off to cuddle my Teddy. One final phrase which I haven't heard for yonks, 'Hey up lass'. :28:

You feeling better now after your 2nd jab
Not really Terry, I am constantly very tired. However, I still have my appetite for food and my appetite for humour. How are yiu, 'THAT IS MY FOURTH TRY AT SPELLING YOU' AAAHH, GOT IT. My fingers, which my doctor informs me are digits, seem to have a mind of their own. I spend hours trying to type out an email but my digits keep spelling things ronng. Is there a connection between digits and digitalis? I understand digitalis, foxglove, to be poisonous. If that is the case and there is a connection between digits and digitalis, is it safe to pick your nose? Might one poison oneself whilst attempting to debogeyfi?:(

Capital C or little c very much depends on how many doubloons you have in your treasure chest I would Venture my Capital is plentiful after years of plundering the straits of Sandown and the Bends of Beverley with my trusty crew of Aargh Jim Lad Brokes and plundering Paddy Power so for me most definitely Capital C .

I hope your tiredness vanishes toot sweet [another phrase you don't hear used very often] :)

Good day everybody. I hope that you all have a 'spiffing' day. Now there is a word that I have neither used or heard for a long time, 'spiffing'. I do recall hearing it used in a war film about our very brave fighter pilot heroes. Are there any words that you have not heard for 'yonks'? Wasn't yonks once used in LOTSW?
I have noticed that Saturdays and Sundays are usually rather quiet on these pages. Are you all football fans or churchgoers? I do believe that I may have just touched a teeny weensy bit on a couple of taboo subjects there. I only raised the subject because I do miss your company at the week-ends. However, it does give me time carry on writing my will which raises a question, Captain, is your name spelled with a capital C or a small c? OH, on the subject of Wills, we have been trying for more than two years to get our Wills finalized. I can't snuff it till it is all settled. I wish I had a pound for every signature I have signed for that company. I shouldn't mention their name but we have spent so much money on postage and phone calls that we don't have 'owt' left to leave.
Right, I'm off to cuddle my Teddy. One final phrase which I haven't heard for yonks, 'Hey up lass'. :28:

I'm neither into church or football. One word I haven't heard for a long time but was common in the 70s is "berk", which in SW world would be "dollop".

Back