Summer 1982: A Last of the Summer Wine Photo Companion (NEW MAGAZINE)

DrewTheWino

Copies of my the new magazine Summer 1982 will be available to buy after all the shows at the 50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend, but it is also available to pre-order for those of you who aren't able to make it. Anybody who picks up a copy will notice some familiar forum names who played a huge part in making this happen.

LINK

Untitled-1.jpg

During the summer of 1982, the Last of the Summer Wine production team returned to both Yorkshire and Lincolnshire in order to film scenes for the upcoming seventh series of Roy Clarke's beloved sitcom. Amongst the crew were makeup artist Dorka Nieradzik and props man Brian Rootes – both of whom documented the shoot using their own stills cameras. Their photographs are published here for the very first time, creating an illustrated record of stars like Peter Sallis, Bill Owen, Brian Wilde, Kathy Staff, Jane Freeman, Joe Gladwin and more at work and at play.

FEATURES:

– Over 50 previously unpublished photographs from behind the scenes of Last of the Summer Wine.

– Biographies of the cast and crew

– A behind the scenes report on the production of the 1982 Christmas special "All Mod Conned".

– Location hunting tips for Series 7 of the series.

– An overview of the 1982 filming in and around Holmfirth

– And more...

This is an A4 sized magazine with 24 illustrated pages in full colour.

£1 from the sale of each magazine will go to a Holme valley charity or community group.

So sorry you're not 100% ferret, hospitalisation isn't ideal at anytime but just awful when it means you've got to miss this amazing weekend.

I saw the Jonathan Linsley show last night and it was brilliant, but the good news is there were video cameras there and Jon said he will be releasing this. That should mean you'll be able to see some of the show!

Was looking to buy one, but the postage to here is more than the actual cost of the book.!
To be fair the book is only £6.50 so postage to Oz was always going to be significantly more than that!

I've got a copy Brian and I can promise you it's well worth the outlay :D

The way I look at the high postage cost part is... There are many regular massive container cargo ships making frequent routine visits between the US, UK, Europe, Australia, etc. that one can easily put the package on. It's not like it is being sent to an out of the way spot with no roads or airports like a research station at the South Pole via dog sled, for instance. :30:
Was looking to buy one, but the postage to here is more than the actual cost of the book.!

I know none of the members on here would do it, but I'm guessing the issues with PDF is that it can easily be replicated and distributed many times which may well put them off a digital format.

Thanks all for the comments. Just to be clear, I don't mind paying for the book, or even postage, I just object to what I consider an exorbitant postage cost for such an comparatively small and light item. (NOTE: I know the price of postage has nothing to do with the producers of the book, so no ill will towards them!)

Thanks all for the comments. Just to be clear, I don't mind paying for the book, or even postage, I just object to what I consider an exorbitant postage cost for such an comparatively small and light item. (NOTE: I know the price of postage has nothing to do with the producers of the book, so no ill will towards them!)

I can have a word with the Post Lady and get her to whisk Foggy off to Oz in stead of Blackpool and get her to bring you a copy Brian :)

I know none of the members on here would do it, but I'm guessing the issues with PDF is that it can easily be replicated and distributed many times which may well put them off a digital format.
How about self-publishing on Amazon? That provides at least some copyright protection. Miles Eaton did that for his 50 YEARS OF LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE.

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about postage prices. They are what they are and if the rates drop I'll lower them. Sorry about that. Amazon isn't really an issue because they are horrible to work with and the quality control isn't great.

Online orders are now shipping out, so you should have an email notification if you bought one. UK orders are out the door, with internationals to follow tomorrow.

So far, the magazine has raised around £100 for the Sharing Memories group in Holmfirth. This will be donated alongside funds from the 50th anniversary festival next week.

Sorry Drew, we were just grumbling at postage prices in general. Did not mean for it to be directed towards you. It's like the weather, we all need something to have a good grumble about occasionally.

Great to hear about the funds raised.

I recall about 10 years ago I could ship several cd's (No Cases) in a jiffy bag, air mail to the USA for £1.40p, now it near to £6.00 to do the same, it is £1.10p for a basic letter 1st class and 75p 2nd class, Royal mail have admitted 2nd class takes no longer these days, 1st and 2nd are all sorted the same, and the 2nd class are no longer kept back for later deliveries.
Also until a few years ago you had printed paper rate,which offered a much cheaper rate for paper and magazine's, I used to send heavy computer magazine to Germany for about £1.20

Back